Auto Terminate product

Hi, I need some help.

In order to set a free-trial product by 15 days and then request a payment. I followed the instruction in "Product/service - Princing Tab", but in "Termination Email" when I scroll down I cannot see any template available, indeed, I created a new one for this action. Why I cannot see any email template available? ( I am attaching a screenshot)

On the other hand, about the "email template creation" how can I request a payment about a product? Once the free trial is complete....I mean, how can I indicate it in the email template, what is the variable...?

Thanks in advance for your help!

princing.jpg

On 4/1/2018 at 16:10, mmartinp said:

In order to set a free-trial product by 15 days and then request a payment. I followed the instruction in "Product/service - Princing Tab", but in "Termination Email" when I scroll down I cannot see any template available, indeed, I created a new one for this action. Why I cannot see any email template available? ( I am attaching a screenshot)

did you follow the text in the highlighted box on the documentation page?

https://docs.whmcs.com/Products_and_Services

The Termination Email dropdown field is only populated with custom product type email templates. For more information on creating a custom email template, please visit http://docs.whmcs.com/Email_Templates

so once you've created a custom product email template...

nd_Fmujdv_Q6_Kr_FXLT81_LAZQ.png

it will be available in the dropdown...

xgVlMjN.png

14 hours ago, brian! said:

did you follow the text in the hightlighted box on the documetnation page?

https://docs.whmcs.com/Products_and_Services

My Fault, thanks! it's done!!

Just a question about the template creation, the customer already have a hosting product, she is testing the website and probably this week she is going to pay. I want to create a template where in the email note say "Dear customer pay for this product before to expire "link to pay the product"", but I do not know how to put a link for the client to pay for the product she is currently using.

Thanks in advance Brian!

22 hours ago, mmartinp said:

Just a question about the template creation, the customer already have a hosting product, she is testing the website and probably this week she is going to pay. I want to create a template where in the email note say "Dear customer pay for this product before to expire "link to pay the product"", but I do not know how to put a link for the client to pay for the product she is currently using.

you can't really pay for a "trial" (auto-terminating) product - it is what it is, a product that only lasts x days before being terminated.

the usual two ways would be to either upgrade to a similar product (e.g the same product but billed monthly, annually etc), or instead of using a terminating product, to use a promotion code for a full-priced product that discounts the price for the first month (or whatever) - although for the promotional code method, payment details would be taken at the initial order stage - which you may not want to do.