WHMCS Guru - WHMCS Notify Extended

Korn

Hello!
Today faced with this situation, bought in 2016 addition - "WHMCS Notify Extended" especially convenient or useful to call it difficult, but how it worked. Last time we did not use this addition, it hung as a backup option.
Today, after a year and a half, the developer suddenly decided to bill for the update and support and immediately write off the money from the card. I did not see any updates from him even once.
After I wrote a question about the account and the money back, I just deleted the account and the license.

I wanted to know this only I was so lucky, or is it an action from the developer))
And what to do in such cases, how to find a normal product which, without such merry consequences?

Now, be honest. That's not exactly what you wrote, is it?  Is it? Trying to play the victim isn't going to do well for you. Just as a refresher, I've posted a screenshot of your ticket titles. Nowhere in here did you 'wrote a question about the account'. You entered two tickets last night which were answered promptly (within minutes).

1: Cancel this account
2: Delete this card

I'll not post the details of said tickets in here, but you were certainly not nice about this

As to what happened:
You were billed an annual update and support fee. This is pretty much standard across all licensed addons, everywhere. The fee is less than the initial purchase cost, but, as mentioned, across any licensed product, this is common.
I'm not sure why WHMCS billed you at a rather odd time, that's not my department. I'm investigating this though, as this shouldn't have happened
Once you saw the bill, you entered in these two tickets and demanded money back, threatening to chargeback if you didn't get your way
Per policy, your money was put back on your card, and your account was closed out permanently. No, it hasn't been "deleted", it's still on the system, you just can't access it.. Yes, your license was closed out, as you requested, and as your own actions dictate.

Any time you hint at a chargeback, the provider is going to do precisely the same thing. Any time you act rudely or hostile towards a provider (which you did last night), any provider is going to do the same thing.

Next time, take a reasonable tone with your provider, and you won't have your actions come back and bite you in the tail end. There won't be a next time here, though.

nextended-tickets.jpg

Post your correspondence please. I give permission!

Publish the bills that I pay!
Then it becomes clear that the eternal license was purchased, and within a year and a half from you nebylo notify that the licensing conditions have changed.

Then one morning you bill, without any warning.
On the quality of the module or the quality of support, I did not write anything wrong, the module is working correctly, and the support responded quickly.

The question is that you just deleted the active license, and it's not the $ 18 that I did not want to pay, it's about.
Release the second version write that it costs money and give the choice to go to it or use the old one.

Nobody's going to 'post correspondence' here. That's not how this works.

When you threaten a chageback, you lose any and all rights to anything. That is how this works.

Like I said, next time, be polite, act respectful to individuals, and don't walk in making all kinds of demands that are unreasonable.