Not Convert currency on invoices.

When change client currency from admin panel. Then not convert currency on invoices.

Ex: If user order by USD. If ($11) order then he tell me for change currency USD to BDT. then when I change to USD. Then should be amount convert to BDT (913 TK). But (10 USD) showing on Invoice. I think its a big issue.

See: 2018-01-18_2043.thumb.png.adf05a409e4ec4ba748ca362af98c7a1.png

Thanks

22 hours ago, zahidfact said:

When change client currency from admin panel. Then not convert currency on invoices.

the issue is that you should NEVER change a client's currency in WHMCS. naughty.gif

- the only possible exception to that rule would be if the client hadn't made any orders yet.

Ex: If user order by USD. If ($11) order then he tell me for change currency USD to BDT. then when I change to USD. Then should be amount convert to BDT (913 TK). But (10 USD) showing on Invoice.

... changing a client's currency has no effect on invoicing, other than altering the currency shown, NOT the amount... so 11 USD will become 11 BDT... no conversion will take place.

https://docs.whmcs.com/Clients:Profile_Tab#Client_Currency

A client's currency is fixed when they place their first order, all subsequent orders will use that same currency. As a result clients will not see the currency selector on their order form.

Once a client has placed an order - and therefore generated invoices, services and transactions - we recommend against changing their currency in the admin area. The currency dropdown on the client's Profile tab will change the currency symbol, it will not automatically convert any prices, invoices or transactions into the appropriate amount in the new currency.

as soon as a client makes an order in one currency, then that is the only currency they can use... e.g they can't order a product/service in USD today and another product/service in BDT tomorrow - once they've ordered in USD, then that is the only currency they can use... when they login to your website in the future, they won't see any other currencies other than their currency - so having ordered in USD (that was the client's mistake), this client won't see pricing in BDT... if you've now changed their currency setting to BDT, they won't see pricing in USD.

I think its a big issue.

it's how WHMCS has always worked - though changes have been requested for 4+ years.

https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/updating-client-currency-on-account-invoicing-retained-with-old-currency

if this is the clients first/only invoice, and they want to continue receiving invoices in BDT, then you may need to edit the amounts of the invoice (calculating the conversion amounts manually), and re-send the invoice to the client.

if this client has multiple previous invoices in USD, then this could become a potential nightmare to resolve... although hopefully this is only the first invoice.

best advice is to never change the currency of a client.... if they want to change currency, then it's bizarrely simpler to get them to create a new account in that currency... that's not the way it should be, but it's the easiest way. :idea: