Few Questions before start

a-systems

Question

Hi there. We have some questions before we start. So far I found a lot of information.

Questions:

- Do you rent a dedicated/reseller server or do you use your own?

- Can you run WHMCS on multiple Synology NAS Stations? (or other NAS with a lot performance). Lets Say you have 15 NAS stations. Can WHMCS handle all of them to work together?

- Can you give me good sellers/resellers of hosting where you can rent a cheap server with a few GB/TB?

Thahts it, that's all.

Best Regards
Tony

5 answers to this question

Hi @a-systems,

Thanks for the clarification based on your initial question it sounded like you where trying install WHMCS across multiple servers to run your client area this is not supported.

WHMCS can support connections to multiple servers for the purposes of provisioning this can be achieved by setting them up under Setup > General Settings > Products > Servers 

I would note, we do not have an out of the box integration with Synology so you may wish to check the MarketPlace for an addon

Hi @a-systems,

Welcome to WHMCS.Community.

On 23/11/2017 at 1:50 AM, a-systems said:

- Do you rent a dedicated/reseller server or do you use your own?

Either option works, most people run a VPS or Dedicated Server, but when you are starting out a normal REseller Hosting account works just as well.

On 23/11/2017 at 1:50 AM, a-systems said:

- Can you run WHMCS on multiple Synology NAS Stations? (or other NAS with a lot performance). Lets Say you have 15 NAS stations. Can WHMCS handle all of them to work together?

WHMCS is not designed to run on NAS systems or across multiple servers, please review the system requirements at https://docs.whmcs.com/System_Requirements