403 - Only requests matching one of these authenticated principals are allowed to access this resource: an active user, a global add-on

MarcAcer

WHMCS Notification Feature (v7.4)

When I enter my HIPCHAT Token, as per instructions:
https://docs.whmcs.com/Configuring_Notifications_with_HipChat

I get the following error:

403 - Only requests matching one of these authenticated principals are allowed to access this resource: an active user, a global add-on

In my HIPCHAT Account both Send Notification and View Room are selected. Any tips how can this be solved?

• 1 month later...

Let me save someone else the trouble. It's because you guys built your hipchat integration in an unusual way. Your notifications require a token from a USER, instead of the more common (and acceptable) approach of using the ACCOUNT tokens (both API tokens, but one is tied to the entire company account versus just a user). It therefore uses your USERS permissions and sits at the USER level, so if that user is deleted your integration stops. It should sit at the ACCOUNT level but I assume you did that so you can see ALL rooms (ACCOUNT tokens are tied to just a single room).