need some EU whois servers if possible - .al .ge .pt

andreig.

Hi,

I want setup my whmcs to sell domains for countries inside Europe and I have some problems with some extension.
.al - I don't know what is the whois server for this ccTLD, I found in wikipedia that "The .al zone has no official whois server.", how can I found one that I can use?
.ge - I don't know what is the whois server for this ccTLD, google did not help me to much
.pt -  apparently whois.dns.pt is not responding to ping, but I think there is another whois server available witch I don't know, because some sites can query for .pt domains.

Can somebody help me in this situation ?

18 hours ago, andreig. said:

.al - I don't know what is the whois server for this ccTLD, I found in wikipedia that "The .al zone has no official whois server.", how can I found one that I can use?

by asking me. :)

Wikipedia is correct - there is no official port 43 whois operated by AKEP - nor is there a web whois form on their site.

the only whois server I have ever seen for .al (that can be currently used by WHMCS) is...

{
		"extensions": ".al,.com.al,.net.al,.org.al,.edu.al",
		"uri": "http://members.webhost.al/www-whois.php?dom=",
		"available": "Domain does not exist"
	},

but bear in mind that this is using an AKEP reseller/member site - so there is no guarantee that it will continue to work indefinitely - and therefore, don't hammer it with searches! jikQULu.gif

https://docs.whmcs.com/WHOIS_Servers#Customising_WHOIS_Servers

.ge - I don't know what is the whois server for this ccTLD, google did not help me to much

again, there isn't an official one - there's a web form on their site, but because it separates the TLDs in a dropdown, WHMCS can't use it. :wall1:

.pt -  apparently whois.dns.pt is not responding to ping, but I think there is another whois server available witch I don't know, because some sites can query for .pt domains.

the default entry for .pt in the dist.whois.json file is correct - so it should work out of the box... and does for me in v5, v6 and v7.4.1 - have you tried doing a whois lookup for a .pt domain in the admin area?

Thanks brian! for your message.

I have solved the problem with .al domain, and still searching to solve the .ge issue.

Regarding .pt domains, I receive this error in admin lookup "There was a problem connecting to the domain registry. Please check port 43 is open in your servers firewall. Error: 110 - Connection timed out". But the port 43 is open since whois command is working on the server and the rest of domains works in whois form.

6 hours ago, andreig. said:

Regarding .pt domains, I receive this error in admin lookup "There was a problem connecting to the domain registry. Please check port 43 is open in your servers firewall. Error: 110 - Connection timed out". But the port 43 is open since whois command is working on the server and the rest of domains works in whois form.

one way to test this would be to go to the Softaculous WHMCS Demo, make a note of the admin username and password shown on that page and then click the "admin Panel" link - you'll then be logged into a clean v7.4.1 installation... go to "Whois Lookup" and type in 'google.pt' and it should show that it's registered; then try 'google222.pt' and that should be available.

LPpw85i.png

if you're not seeing any errors on that site (and i'm not), then the issue must lie with your server... or perhaps you've made too many .pt whois searches and the .pt registry have blocked your server IP (read the last section of https://www.dns.pt/en/domains-2/domain-rules/annex/)