Override cPanel overview.tpl

billy98111

I am trying to override the template file at /modules/servers/cpanel/templatesoverview.tpl with this one located at /templates/customtemplates/modules/servers/cpanel/overview.tpl, but it does nothing. If I edit the first original one it works but I don't want to lose my changes when I update WHMCS and that's really how you're supposed to do it. The link below is what I am referring to. Any help is appreciated.

https://docs.whmcs.com/Working_with_Module_Templates

On 11/9/2017 at 11:08 AM, billy98111 said:

I am using version 7.2.3. would it help upgrading?

i've just tested this on my v7.2.3 dev and it's working fine. :idea:

I created the /modules/servers/cpanel/overview.tpl folders/file in /templates/six and added {debug} to the template code - then logged into the client area and viewed an active cpanel service... and the popup window appeared - which confirms that it's using the template in templates/six and not the default one in /modules... and making further modifications to that template confirms that it's using the duplicate rather than the original... even if I rename the "Six" template to "Seven", this still works.

so in answer to your question, I doubt upgrading would help - there is something else going on here that is preventing it from working... it could be an issue with your custom template (that might depend if it's a 3rd-party template or just a renamed/modified "Six")... perhaps you've got the path wrong to the modified overview.tpl and it's not finding it, and thus defaulting to the original version. :?:

the simplest test for that would be to switch to using "Six", upload the overview.tpl folder to the appropriate path in /templates/six/modules/servers/cpanel/, modify it in some way and see if that works - if it does, then that would point to an issue with your custom template (or the path to it).

Thanks! It works now. It was just in the wrong location. Originally I placed it in /templates/customtemplates/modules/servers/cpanel/overview.tpl instead of the template directory I already created which is /templates/sixcustom/modules/servers/cpanel/overview.tpl. I assume you had to create brand new folder but I guess not.