domain dates and eNom

Rob K

Hi

Should a domains expiry, next renewal date and registration date be automatically completed with the data pulled from eNom when eNom is the registrar?

I find it odd that I have to manually fill this info in.

The 'next due date' doesn't get upated even though it has just been renewed for 2 years.

• WHMCS CEO

No, next due date doesn't change because a domain is renewed - it changes when it's paid for. Enom doesn't store when clients are due to pay you for a domain so can't get that from them. Expiry date is increased when a renewal is made however and the registration date is the date you register it, so no need to get that from Enom if you use WHMCS properly to register it.

Matt

Thanks Matt

I am transfering loads of domains (100+) into WHMCS and having to manaully set the reg date. It would be much easier if it picked it up from the whois or eNom.

And then the information would be wrong for the rest of us :P

If you're bulk loading WHMCS you relly should look at doing a bit of PHP and MySQL and updating all the dates from a list from your registrar and/or whatever system you're migrating from.

Kind of on the same subject...

I'm also importing domain names into my WHMCS install, and also use Enom as the registrar.

Should I be setting the next due date as the date of the expiry or a week or so before the expiry date?

I'm thinking if the due date is the same as the expiry date and they are a couple of days late the customer risks losing the domain, or is there some sort of grace period from the registrar?

Should I be setting the next due date as the date of the expiry or a week or so before the expiry date?

No you should be setting ...

the next due date to when they're next due to pay you

expiry date to when (as far as the client should be able to see) its due to expire

And then setting the domain reminder options in WHMCS to whatever your policy is, e.g.

60 days in advance

30 days

7 days

etc.