End of script output before headers: supporttickets.php

badrocks

After upgrade to  7.3.0 I get an Internal Server Error  -Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request when I try to respond to a support ticket. The logs have the following error [Fri Oct 13 11:55:20.240595 2017] [core:error] [pid 1036264] [client xxxxxx] End of script output before headers: supporttickets.php, referer: https://www.domain.com/admin/supporttickets.php?action=view&id=xxx.  I've tried replacing the supporttickets.php  file but it didn't correct it. I turned on error logging but no additional information is displayed. 

Are you using a custom template?  Have you tried with a standard template to see if the problem is still there?

You can direct link to templates with URL for testing

So try as follows

https://yoururl/yoursuburl/supporttickets.php?systpl=six

Edited by mustardman

1 hour ago, mustardman said:

Are you using a custom template?  Have you tried with a standard template to see if the problem is still there?

You can direct link to templates with URL for testing

So try as follows

https://yoururl/yoursuburl/supporttickets.php?systpl=six

I switched to the six template and it was the same. Good thought though

if something like this occurs after an upgrade, my first thought would be that the upgrade hasn't gone well and you may need to manually reupload the full .zip version of that release (from download.whmcs.com).

you could try just uploading the 'vendor' folder first - you shouldn't have any customised files in there, so it's low risk to do it and often solves these issue... there's about 7,500 files in WHMCS now, and it's often not caused by the file shown in any error message!

On 10/14/2017 at 11:04 AM, brian! said:

if something like this occurs after an upgrade, my first thought would be that the upgrade hasn't gone well and you may need to manually reupload the full .zip version of that release (from download.whmcs.com).

you could try just uploading the 'vendor' folder first - you shouldn't have any customised files in there, so it's low risk to do it and often solves these issue... there's about 7,500 files in WHMCS now, and it's often not caused by the file shown in any error message!

I may try and upload the entire contents of the full release. I've got a custom copy of the six template and don't have much modification. 

I just wanted to update in case somebody else runs into this. This problem only occurred on the Chrome browser when running php 7.0 with mcrypt loaded. I opened a ticket and switching to php 5.6 solved the problem. WHMCS support was not able to recreate the problem on their php 7 test config. I did a comparison of their config and found that they were not loading mcrypt. Problem solved.