Sync Next Due Date

natanet

helo

i know "Sync Next Due Date" is a good feature.

however, if we have package/service hosting + free domain. it is not good to enable "Sync Next Due Date" because the domain recurring price is 0 and if someone order and payment not the same day, next year invoice between domain and hosting will be saperate and domain price would be 0 and domain automatically renew.

this is quite dangerous. yes i have read best practice settings if u have package + free domain in here https://docs.whmcs.com/Common_Promotions

what i want is actually enable "Sync Next Due Date", but only non free domain can sync next due date.. about free domain they would not sync next due date.

any idea?

15 hours ago, hendranata said:

i know "Sync Next Due Date" is a good feature.

personally, I never use it - notifying is ok, but I prefer to have control over NDD and not let WHMCS change them.

15 hours ago, hendranata said:

what i want is actually enable "Sync Next Due Date", but only non free domain can sync next due date.. about free domain they would not sync next due date.

Sync NDD is registrar module dependent, so one option would be to identify these non-free domains and change their registrar assignment to None... but one consequence of doing that would be that it would also disable automatic renewal of them, so renewals would have to be processed manually (from the admin area)... another is that it could also affect certain domain management functions available to the client in the client area.

if those consequences are unacceptable, then i'm not sure what else you can do... depending on the registrar, there may be an module in Marketplace that could help, but I doubt it.

i'm sure WHMCS staff would suggest that you submit a feature request, but there is already a similar one in there - https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/fix-sync-domain-due-dates-so-it-doesnt-update-free-domains - unfortunately, it's 4 years-old, only got 1 vote (I assume from the person who originally suggested it) and has now been archived... good luck getting that request implemented! 9_9

10 hours ago, hendranata said:

automatic renewal would not be disabled since the user paid the invoice or they have existing balance

auto renewal works by sending the renewal instruction to the registrar... if the domain isn't assigned a registrar in the WHMCS settings, how will WHMCS know which registrar to send the renewal instruction to? answer: it won't - you'd have to select manually.