WHMCS custom ordering process

Starflix

Hello, Guys,

We would like to remake a sequence of process steps of ordering like that - registration (client is redirected to particular product immediately after registration) > particular product order configuration > checkout. This process should not be applied (or not necessarily) to whole system, just a particular product, basically it is just turning default ordering process vice versa (client registration is being put on the front of it). Have any ideas?

Thank you.

You'll definitely wanna start with duping a cart theme /public/templates/orderforms/*** and make some edits as you start building out with F12 Inspector.

I also recommend diving into each of the .tpl files inside and start analyzing things so you can get familiar. I don't fully understand your vision but I think you want to work with Smarty tags too. I believe these .tpl files are a good place to start:

• viewcart.tpl
  • checkout.tpl
  • configureproductdomain.tpl
  • configureproduct.tpl

On 10/5/2017 at 7:15 AM, Starflix said:

We would like to remake a sequence of process steps of ordering like that - registration (client is redirected to particular product immediately after registration) > particular product order configuration > checkout. This process should not be applied (or not necessarily) to whole system, just a particular product, basically it is just turning default ordering process vice versa (client registration is being put on the front of it). Have any ideas?

out of the box, the ordering system process is what it is, follows a set sequence of steps - and their order can't (easily) be changed.

I suppose you could use an action hook to run after any client has registered (e.g ClientAreaRegister) and redirect to a particular cart product with included configuration - but that would apply to everyone registering via register.php (though not via the normal cart process).

4 hours ago, brian! said:

out of the box, the ordering system process is what it is, follows a set sequence of steps - and their order can't (easily) be changed.

I suppose you could use an action hook to run after any client has registered (e.g ClientAreaRegister) and redirect to a particular cart product with included configuration - but that would apply to everyone registering via register.php (though not via the normal cart process).

Thanks Brian, 

This looks like a solution :)