Removing and editing elements from domain registration page

hazardpro

Hi all.

Im a reseller and use my supplier to register domains.

Currently my domains signup page asks users for:

Company ID Number

WHOIS Opt-out

Registrant Name

I would like to hide the 'WHOIS Opt-out' option as it has no 'automated effect' when the user registers a domain. They can opt out manually when they manage their domain via their CP (through my suppliers API).

I would like to edit the wording for 'Company ID Number' - this is not taken from the lang file so cant see how/where to edit it.

I would like to edit the wording for 'Registrant Name' - this is not taken from the lang file so cant see how/where to edit it.

Any help gratefully received.

H

Thanks although domains do not register correctly anyway when via Nominet.

This has already been documented (some 4yrs ago) here: https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/nominet-domain-registration-improvements

Hiding 'WHOIS Opt-out' should have no effect on registrations.

But the above link explains the issues with 'Company ID Number' etc.

Would be nice to see some action on it.

H

Thanks although domains do not register correctly anyway when via Nominet.

Hiding 'WHOIS Opt-out' should have no effect on registrations.

I was speaking in generalities... sure with Nominet you can change the optout after registration, but with some TLDs, required questions need to be asked during registration and failure to do so could result in the domain not registering.

This has already been documented (some 4yrs ago) here: https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/nominet-domain-registration-improvements

But the above link explains the issues with 'Company ID Number' etc.

Would be nice to see some action on it.

another 4-year old feature request... usually means it could happen any day now.... not. :roll:

it's quite touching the faith some users have when submitting these requests... I can see the registrant types part has been completed, but I can understand why WHMCS haven't touched the rest of it (as they'd have to create generic solution for use with other TLDs)... it's similar to making configurable options conditionally linked...

I would have thought any competent developer could create a custom solution for .uk domains in no time - certainly using jQuery with hook array manipulation and/or template tweaks.

left to their own devices, I can't see WHMCS touching this before v8.

orc.gif