How do you handle "Add Funds" and "Mass Payment" [Europe]

nimonogi

Hello,

My accountant insists that the way WHMCS handles "Add Funds" and "Mass Payment" Invoices is Wrong, when Proforma Invoicing is Enabled.

Add Funds

The system should keep "Add Funds" invoices as proforma and not giving them a sequential invoice number.

Mass Payment

On Mass payment invoices, the mass payment invoice should not get a sequential invoice number.

VAT is already calculated for "Mass Payment" grouped invoices and a sequential invoice number is given for each invoice, and will be calculate on future invoice for "Add Funds" and a sequential invoice number will be given as well, therefore a sequential number for those two invoice cases ("Add Funds" and "Mass Payment") is unnecessary and causing confusion and problems.

I would appreaciate hearing your thoughts on this. I have reported this to WHMCS a long time ago but their solution was to disable those two functions.

Thanks.

Edited by nimonogi

I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this. I have reported this to WHMCS a long time ago but their solution was to disable those two functions.

that's not bad advice if you don't need those features... i've never enabled Add Funds on any production site, and I wouldn't even play with Mass Payment on a dev, let alone use it on a production site.

you might want to take a look at the thread below, where other users (UK & EU) have similar concerns and were discussing jointly funding a solution...

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?124206-Invoice-generated-when-adding-funds

it might be worth contacting one of them to see where they are in that process (if anywhere)... I suspect the third-party solution is your only viable path because WHMCS seemingly don't believe there to be a problem worthy of making the required changes to these features.

Disabling those functions, especially Add Funds, is not an option as my customers are now heavily using it since I'm offering a bonus on each deposit.

I guess i will go with a custom/addon solution and hopefully WHMCS will soon realize the issue.

@brian! any idea of a hook that will prevent the system from giving a sequential number to the invoice?

Edited by nimonogi

Disabling those functions, especially Add Funds, is not an option as my customers are now heavily using it since I'm offering a bonus on each deposit.

then you've made a rod for your own back.

I guess i will go with a custom/addon solution and hopefully WHMCS will soon realize the issue.

users have been waiting for WHMCS to realise that since i've been visiting the forums... it's a high degree of optimism to think WHMCS are going to have an epiphany on this.

@brian! any idea of a hook that will prevent the system from giving a sequential number to the invoice?

as I think I said in the other thread, I don't think there's a quick fix simple hook for this (otherwise the solution would already exist)... it's going to need a thoroughly thought out solution.