Remove first step in domain name registration

Jase

Is it possible to remove the first step in domain name registration where it asks the customer if they would like to purchase web hosting as well?

Or is it possible to configure the system not to ask the customer if they wish to purchase web hosting when purchasing a domain name?

I am worried some customers may become confused and think they have to purchase web hosting when they order a domain name.

• 2 weeks later...

People click on the "Order" button after using domainchecker.php to find a domain name.

The "Order" button takes them to: order.php?order=domains.

How do you get the "Order" button to take them to: order.php?step=2&domainonly=true

domainchecker.php is encoded.

People click on the "Order" button after using domainchecker.php to find a domain name.

The "Order" button takes them to: order.php?order=domains.

How do you get the "Order" button to take them to: order.php?step=2&domainonly=true

domainchecker.php is encoded.

domainchecker.tpl in your template folder , not domainchecker.php

After making this change in domainchecker.tpl,

it actually works,

but afte the 1st step, it leads to where the client should check if our company will register a domain for the client or if the client wants to transfer a domain to the company.

But this in not ok, since in previous step the client did a domain availability check, so this means that he needs to register it and no way to transfer it.

PS. I hope you understand my poor english.

You are correct, this is a bug, because if the domain name is available the customer will be asked if he/she would like to transfer the domain.

And if the domain name is not available, the customer will not be asked if he/she would like to transfer the domain.

However, the customer should only be asked if he/she would like to transfer the domain if the domain name is not available.

So customers wanting to transfer their domain will not be able to transfer it.

This should be raised in a new thread.

After making this change in domainchecker.tpl,

it actually works,

but afte the 1st step, it leads to where the client should check if our company will register a domain for the client or if the client wants to transfer a domain to the company.

But this in not ok, since in previous step the client did a domain availability check, so this means that he needs to register it and no way to transfer it.

PS. I hope you understand my poor english.