PDF invoice version is broken

NKV

Greetings,

we tried to download for first time invoice in .pdf in our WHMCS. And it looks like this.

(don't pay attention to placeholder logo in invoices, we are changing it)

I guess there are issues with encoding?

2017-06-12_201221.png

i'd suspect a corruption in the language files somewhere... try changing the client's language to English and see if that works.

Yeah, you are right. This issue happens with Russian and Chinese languages. Any idea how to fix it? Is this common issue?

http://docs.whmcs.com/PDF_Invoice_Customisation

Question Marks

Sometimes, question marks appear in the PDF files in place of non-Latin or accented characters. This can suggest the character is not supported by the font. The first thing to try is setting the font to "Freesans" in Setup > General Settings > Invoicing.

If the problem persists, please download and install "dejavusans" as described above Additional Fonts. This font pack contains more characters than standard ones so stands the best chance of working with these characters.

hopefully changing to Freesans will resolve the issue. :idea:

Thanks a lot! It works with Russian language, but Chinese invoices are the same.

then you'll have to find another font! :)

DroidSansFallback should work with some of the languages - e.g the Western European, Chinese and Russian languages... I think it fails with the Middle-Eastern languages (Farsi, Hebrew etc)... but I doubt there is a single font guaranteed to work with all languages.

cpg8kWX.pngYcjmyQu.png

you'll need to download the zip and upload it to the appropriate directory (specified in the documentation above)... and then specify it in the invoice settings.

vZKVboD.png