Please help me understand how .ca registration works

floatingworld

I am confused as to how we can set up WHMCS to allow customers to register accounts with .ca domain names. PlanetDomain is telling me that new customers signing up for a .ca domain name will need to wait 2 days to get authorized by CIRA. This seems to break the sign up process, as they can't register the name..

Is there any way to have WHMCS register .ca names in an easier way? Has anyone found a work around?

• WHMCS CEO

As you have said, it's PlanetDomain imposing this restriction, so as I already answered you in your support ticket, it's out of the control of WHMCS. If they are telling you it takes 2 days for authorisation from the CA domain names registry then that is unfortunately what it's going to take.

Matt

I am envisioning hearing from someone who is offering .ca domain names with WHMCS. Can WHMCS function properly if the user has to wait 2 days for confirmation? It seems to be breaking sign up process. Is there another WHMCS friendly registrar that does not require the 2 days wait?

If there actually is two days of manual processing imposed by CIRA, how can I make this work with WHMCS?

I am envisioning hearing from someone who is offering .ca domain names with WHMCS. Can WHMCS function properly if the user has to wait 2 days for confirmation

WHMCS doesnt care if you have to visit Canada and fill in the forms manually yourself, it works just fine with the delay(s).

With many of the domain extensions there are rules/policies and procedures you have to follow, which will involve you in some *manual* work to keep the offline and online systems in synchronisation/

Thanks for this.

Out of curiousity what is involved registering .ca names through enom?

About manual confirmation of registrants domains.. Thant can be set up in WHMCS, correct? In other words. They can pay for an account with temporary URL while they wait for their .ca name to be registered, correct? How do I enable this?