Way to remove cPanel related HTML from productdetails template - what is the right way?

irh

For specific service group, I need to remove the HTML that is provided by WHMCS cpanel integration:

see this screenshot:

Pasted_Image_26_4_17__2_51_pm.png

But I cannot find any way to achieve this. Ideally I want to use hook and avoid modifying the template files. Or alternatively specify my own template file, based on the service group ID.

I tried this to specify an alternative template file (even unconditionally) with no luck:

add_hook('ClientAreaPageProductDetails', 0, function($vars) {
 $vars['templatefile'] = 'clientareaproductdetailscms';
});

The template file gets ignored.

But I cannot find any way to achieve this. Ideally I want to use hook and avoid modifying the template files. Or alternatively specify my own template file, based on the service group ID.

it's possibly worth noting the following from the documentation...

http://docs.whmcs.com/Working_with_Module_Templates

For example, in the case of the provisioning module "cpanel", /modules/servers/cpanel/overview.tpl could be customised by creating the following template file: /templates/yourtemplatename/modules/servers/cpanel/overview.tpl

so I can think of two ways to go with this - either duplicate the cpanel template folder in your own current template folder and modify the Smarty template code for your own needs... e.g add {if $pid neq 'x'} where x is the product ID of the product to hide these code blocks...

or if you look in the template, you'll see that those 2 blocks are within a conditional...

{if $systemStatus == 'Active'}

... therefore, you could use a clientareapageproductdetails hook to set $systemStatus to a different value (for specific product ID) and then the content of that conditional won't be outputted in the template.

you've possibly got more flexibility by editing the template rather than using the hook.

Awesome. Could not change the value of the $systemStatus variable, I don't think it is passed by reference, but used {if $systemStatus == 'Active' and $groupname|lower neq 'groupname'} in the custom template, which does what I need.

Thanks heaps!!!

Where do I send some beer?