For those using ChatStack I have a question

yggdrasil

Ok, more than one question :)

Is this just me or normal with ChatStack? Yes, I could test this and probably will but I don’t want to create extra accounts in my WHMCS or reconfigure devices with a dummy chat system, so I rather ask first.

So here it goes.

If have chatstack on Windows system (desktop app), Android tablet and Android phone. Logged with one account on all 3. When a chat comes in, the alert is send to all 3 devices (makes sense). If I take the chat on one system, the alerts for messages are still send for every single text message to all devices like if I took the chat on all 3 of them.

Example, I take a chat in my windows system, but every single message the customers sends or I send is still alerted to both he Android devices, even when I didn’t take the chat there. Is this normal? Maybe it is because I’m using the same account on all devices? If yes, I guess I must create 3 separated staff accounts (what a pain). Or this is not normal?

Do you happen to use chatstack with more than one device and WHMCS account? If yes, for example let’s say one user is logged into the windows app and another account in Android. I assume both will get the incoming chat alerts (makes sense) but if the first one takes the chat, the second user should not be receiving every single text alert. The other guy is taking the chat!

This is mystery to me and to be honest I didn’t tested it with different accounts yet. It’s just annoying but not critical, in some cases even useful but I wondered how it actually works with 1 account on multiple systems for you or different accounts on different systems. I just log out of Android to avoid this but that is not ideal. The whole Android app is buggy if you ask me, it constantly loses the chat account details (even the desktop does sometimes).

What permissions do you give the staff account in WHMCS if it’s just for chat and nothing else? I don’t want to expose any more privileges than necessary to an account that has logins saved in the chat application.

• 6 months later...

I recommend contact support@chatstack.com 

Do you still use this software? I'm looking out for other chat software since we are quite done with Chatstack after using it for 2 years. There was a serious bug where chats would come in when i was away from my computer resulting in angry clients. Also the system itself requires your windows machine to go on a screensaver AND lockscreen with password before it will put you away. It's just horrible.

1 hour ago, dspaan said:

I recommend contact support@chatstack.com 

Do you still use this software? I'm looking out for other chat software since we are quite done with Chatstack after using it for 2 years. There was a serious bug where chats would come in when i was away from my computer resulting in angry clients. Also the system itself requires your windows machine to go on a screensaver AND lockscreen with password before it will put you away. It's just horrible.

Yes, I still use it. I don't want to pay a premium for a remote service that charges you even more if you want to put your brand or logo on it. Not to mention privacy and security, I prefer to keep the chat sessions on my installation. I didn't find a better alternative. Chatstack works for simple chat sessions and has mobile apps. Good for my needs so far.

Chats always come in even if you are not in front of the computer. I think all chat services work like this unless you change the status to away or offline.

• 5 years later...