Unable to select any Server Group in Module Settings

Da1

I have an Auto Release product that has been working for months. It suddenly "died".

At:

Setup -> Products/Services -> Edit -> Module Settings

The Server Group previously selected has been replaced by "None" and I am unable to make any selection at all (all Server groups appear in the dropdown but I can't select any of them). This obviously kills automatic setup of the product.

I tried creating a brand new Server Group and while it does appear in the dropdown, I can't select it either.

I'm almost certain this tab was changed in the last update (there's a couple of settings there I don't recall) and something definitely appears busted.

Any suggestions?

Update:

FYI, the product got busted because the GUI is busted. When I tried to update the new fields it updated the Server Group too and I didn't notice until orders started to fail. I was able to fix the Auto Release product by simply updating Server Group in tblproducts manually.

I am using 7.1.0 General Release (7.1.0-release.1) and "System Health" says all is good (0 warning & 0 needing attention).

All "Server Groups" appear in the select dropdown menu. I simply can't select any of them. This is true no matter which "Module Name" I select. I also created a Server Group just to see if I could then select it (I couldn't -- it appears -- just can't select it).

Also, all other select dropdown menus work.

I have tested this in FF, Chrome, Edge, IE 11 & Opera. It's the same in all browsers.

Since it seems I may be the only person seeing this, is it possible to find out which file(s) might be causing this so I don't have to do a complete re-installation?

Re-uploading the admin folder made no difference.

FYI, I used WinMerge looking for differences in my admin folder and the latest admin folder in a new download of WHMCS. Both the "admin/templates/blend" and "admin/templates/v4" folder had (apparently) leftover files named "head.js" and "style.css" but removing them made no difference.

Also, I use a renamed admin folder so I can switch between them by simply renaming the 2 folders. But they both act the same and I'm fairly certain they are the same (I've never seen WinMerge miss anything before).

Diff says the folders are identical too.

Edited by Da1

Update:

This looks to me like a JavaScript error:

1. After noticing the correct Server Group appears when the Module tab is first selected, I examined the HTML. The correct server group *is* "selected" in the HTML.

2. As the rest of page loads, the correct Server Group changes from the correct Server Group to "None".

I tried disabling JavaScript but that just rendered the entire GUI unusable.

Is there any JavaScript used that resides outside the admin folder?

• 1 month later...
I got the same problem.

What can be?

Looks like you and me are the only 2 people with this problem. I just go into the db and set/reset the group as needed.

I just have to remember to check to see if the GUI has changed that setting *EVERY* time I look at or edit a product.

It's aggravating but it is what it is :)

Looks like you and me are the only 2 people with this problem. I just go into the db and set/reset the group as needed.

I just have to remember to check to see if the GUI has changed that setting *EVERY* time I look at or edit a product.

It's aggravating but it is what it is :)

You are not alone :(