Daily Cron issues

Since I'm quite tired of having to wait more than a whole day to get an answer from support on an issue that can cost me to lose business I thought I'd check what the people here think of this issue.

I have had issues with double invoicing on certain dates. One strange thing is that the initial log entries are deleted for some reason. I could only see the initial log messages for the cron of today, but today the issue occurred again. I noticed this:

22/12/2016 00:09

Automated Task: Starting Currency Exchange Rates

System

22/12/2016 00:09

Automated Task: Starting Currency Exchange Rates

System

22/12/2016 00:00

Cron Job: Starting Daily Automation Tasks

System

So it seems the cron starts, but things only start processing more than 5 minutes later. And seeing as my cron is set to run every 5 minutes, do you guys think that this could be the issue?

I've currently set it to run every half hour. Is this ok? I don't want to do every 50 minutes because as you can see it took almost 10 to start processing, so it could occur again.

Are you sure you are not just seeing the cached Activity widget on the admin homepage? Tried to refresh it using the refresh icon of the widget?

I have no idea what you are referring to. I aml not getting any info from the admin home page. It also seems WHMCS stopped processing suspensions, terminations and cancellations after updating to 7.1....

I got a similar issue, the cron job often hangs during suspensions / teminations so I had to set them to run seprately:

cron.php do --AutoTerminations --FixedTermTerminations

I got another bug when the cron completes (sometimes still does not) I receive a second cron summary email 1 hour after the standard one with only "0" in values and where my company name is replaced by "Company Name"