Change configurable option based on another selection

Ragonz

Wondering if its possible to do the following.

Lets say I have Product A, B and C

I have a configurable option for quantity

I have a configurable option for location with options D, E and F

Is it possible to add £x to A, £y to B and £z to C if the location config option is set to F

You'd need a different config option (same name/description/sortorder though) for each product to have them as different prices

I can do that, its a lot of work but how would you set it so that if location = choice 3 use pricing from config option 3 or somthing like that

Add the surcharge to the location setting itself, as a configurable option.

Say , something like

US - TX - 0.00 extra

US - CA - 5.00 extra

US - FL - 2.50 extra

Factor in the surcharges that way. That's about the only realistic way to go about this.

Thats what we are doing currently however its not really working, hence the question. For example lets say we have 2 items for sale, 1 costs $0.25 per slice and costs $1.00 to make 8 slices, we are happy to sell that to all locations at $0.25 but then we have something that costs $0.50 per slice and costs $3.00 to make 8 slices in TX, no charge for TX however in CA the ingredients cost 25% more. We dont want to slap an arbitrary charge on the first item but we do want to add an extra charge PER SLICE on the 2nd item in CA.

TL:DR, charging fixed amount per location doesn't work very well. we need to be able to set an extra charge per item per location

eg.

Item 1

Base cost $0.50 per slice

Location A $0.50 per slice

Location B $0.56 per slice

Location C $1.25 per slice

I think I may have confused the issue with my ramblings so shout if that doesn't make sense.