WHMCS migration issues (from webhosting to VPS)

Hi,

I tried to migrate from the current webhosting (OVH) to my VPS running ISPConfig 3.0.5.4.p9 + Debian 8 the WHMCS script which was previously running on same servers.example.com subdomain (example.com used as an example)

When I try to load servers.example.com subdomain and I'm getting:

Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

when trying to load the homepage.

When I try to access servers.example.com/admin I'm getting:

"ERROR 500 - Internal Server Error!"

The reason I migrated from the webhosting was because there were issues with replies to the tickets which webhosting provider was unable to resolve as it was shared environment.

I was thinking about the installation service but I'm really not sure what to expect - the technical support of WHMCS was super slow and if they come to conclusion that "there is a problem with my hosting" with telling me what to fix I'm hesitant to go down this path.

My questions are following:

1) What's the typical resolution when WHCMS is giving "ERROR 500 - Internal Server Error!"? Please give me anything - I'm ready to try it all.

2) What to expect from the WHMCS installation team and configuration service? I don't want to give them SSH access but I want them to guide me and do the adjustments - is it too much to ask? I tried to contact sales support but the reply they gave was way too vague in means what to expect from them.

Btw. My current VPS is running dozens of Wordpress sites and some other scripts and never had any issues until I tried to install and run WHMCS :/

Not familiar with OVH's web hosting service, but not very many hosting providers are running on Debian. There is most likely an issue regarding the software stack your sites came from and where they are now.

You should provide WHMCS with SSH access. Otherwise, in order to have someone guide you through the steps, then you should pay a managed WHMCS support provider for this special request.