How we can add a domain search checkbox in six? For V7.0 or V7.1.

ody

I don't think it would be as easy to do something like that with v7 - not least because both domainchecker and the bulk search options have been removed. :roll:

if you want to do this, then the simplest solution would be to stick with v6... I can remember your thread from six months ago about this... but I assume that you've already upgraded to v7.

even if it were possible to do in v7, I suspect it would go far beyond minor tweaks to the template.

Thank you Brian for your reply,

We had upgrade to 7.1 but we went temporary back to 6.3.1. as we wait the new version of RC & LB Tools from resellerclub-mods.com.

the theme is that we sell more than 650 TLDs and new version V7 as we had see haven't any choice option or a any other similar simple way for domain search,

in V7 we have only one option as like this we had in the past all TLDs or some of them,

so any domain search took all TLDs and server if you have many same time users search it's logical to .....,

another one, do you believe it's better to install a new clear V7.1. version than to upgrade from 6.3.1. we ask this because many old tools, functions, pages, etc. do not have any more connection with V7

We had upgrade to 7.1 but we went temporary back to 6.3.1. as we wait the new version of RC & LB Tools from resellerclub-mods.com.

the theme is that we sell more than 650 TLDs and new version V7 as we had see haven't any choice option or a any other similar simple way for domain search,

in V7 we have only one option as like this we had in the past all TLDs or some of them,

so any domain search took all TLDs and server if you have many same time users search it's logical to .....,

perhaps you should email/contact Marco from Resellerclub-mods about this. :?:

another one, do you believe it's better to install a new clear V7.1. version than to upgrade from 6.3.1. we ask this because many old tools, functions, pages, etc. do not have any more connection with V7

in a word, yes.

what I would suggest to do (if your license if from WHMCS directly), is get a developers license from them and create a clean v7.0.1 installation - then use that to test your old custom templates/addons/hooks etc and then when you're 100% certain that everything is working correctly, only then should you consider upgrading the main site.

and before the upgrade, you should take backups of both the site files and database... then i'd delete all the files from the site (apart from configuration.php) and make a clean v7.0.1 install using the existing database (or a copy of it) - then install the necessary addons/hooks/templates etc.

the two biggest mistakes that users seem to make when upgrading is that a) they think upgrading to v7 is just another incremental update, but v7 is a totally different beast that needs careful consideration, planning and testing first... and b) they don't check that their addons/hooks etc will work with the updated versions, they just assume and blindly update... and then complain their site no longer works! :roll:

this is now more important because of the Automatic Updater... if the WHMCS updater tells you than v7.0.2 is available, you'll first need to check that all your addons etc are compatible with it before upgrading - and you can use the dev license installation for that.

Resellerclub-mods.com and generally Marco are totally proffesional even for their tools-modules or for support,

as we all had find out V7 it's something new so we had to wait from his side to be ready enough for his new module release,

we are sure that he will cover more than better all new V7 entries-changes.

We trust Marco, (and his work), more than a partner ..., it had take more time than usually for his new release but he had many new things-functions to solve,

also when we had check V7 (about 2 days) we've find that for some TLDs giving fault results, as like .car or .gr, (as far I can recall).

With V7 we and I believe many others of WHMCS users through out many hours and days of work for 6.3 or 5 modyfications......

Most of our modules which we have added into our WHMCS seems that are compatible with V7.