Small issue with same hostname orders for servers...?

-M-

Hi guys,

I have a quick question about a small annoyance.

In this example the customer orders a server and already has the domainname in question.

First they select the server they want, than fill in the domainname which has to be used for the server.

On the next page they can name their nameservers like: ns1.their-domain.com / ns2.their-domain.com or dns03.their-domain.com / dns04.their-domain.com

This works great and without issues.

However when they place a new or 2nd order for a server and they still want to use the same domainname, but with ns3.their-domain.com / ns4.their-domain.com. It will give an error.

The error I receive is: "The hostname you entered is already in use. Please choose another." (lang error: ordererrorserverhostnameinuse).

Is there a workaround for this? They obviously be able to use their domainname for several nameservers if they want.

For example:

Server 1:

ns1.their-domain.com

ns2.their-domain.com

Server 2:

ns3.their-domain.com

ns4.their-domain.com

Server 3:

dns01.their-domain.com

dns02.their-domain.com

I tested this myself, but I also get the error message "The hostname you entered is already in use. Please choose another."

...even if select the option "I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers" (lang: cartexistingdomainchoice).

This shouldn't matter right? Is there a workaround for this?

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

However when they place a new or 2nd order for a server and they still want to use the same domainname, but with ns3.their-domain.com / ns4.their-domain.com. It will give an error.

The error I receive is: "The hostname you entered is already in use. Please choose another." (lang error: ordererrorserverhostnameinuse).

Is there a workaround for this? They obviously be able to use their domainname for several nameservers if they want.

isn't the error more to do with trying to assign the same domain to multiple servers rather than anything to do with nameservers?

if so, perhaps unticking the "Block Existing Domains" checkbox in setup -> general settings -> ordering might help :?:

isn't the error more to do with trying to assign the same domain to multiple servers rather than anything to do with nameservers?

if so, perhaps unticking the "Block Existing Domains" checkbox in setup -> general settings -> ordering might help :?:

I actually checked that option before I posted this, but it's not checked.

So that shouldn't be the cause of the problem?