When ordering a domain transfer, the "include a hosting package" does not appear in the final order

During a client test, I had the customer create an account and order a domain transfer from within their user panel.

During checkout, the option to "include a hosting package" appeared to go along with the transfer.

The customer was able to see my hosting packages, but after choosing one of them to order, it would redirect back to the final purchase page and not include the hosting package they chose to go along with the domain transfer.

On the other hand, a customer CAN view and purchase my hosting packages normally, so it appears that everything is set up, Im just not sure why they would not be included in the finalized order after choosing a plan to go along with the original order.

it might be useful to see a video of this... I quickly tried it on a local v6.3.1 dev and the process seems to work fine - but then again, I know all the steps... and perhaps you're not completing the process correctly... it's hard to tell without knowing exactly what you're seeing.

how I miss the days when we had an online demo that users could test their setups against. :roll:

Hmm, well before making the video, I noticed the CART updates with the two items.

Its the Transfer domain menu where you place EEP code. Above that, there is a red text that says: Domain transfer - 1/yr [No Hosting, click to add!]

When I click to add hosting, my plans come up just fine, however when I click the order, it redirects BACK to that EEP page, and the red text is still there.

Capture.JPG

Late edit:

To put some context, Im testing the different situations a client might get themselves in.

I had my tester create an account by first purchasing a hosting ONLY package. I realize that this cant be done without having a URL, so I had to cancle the order.

But now the account is already made.

So I've instructed the tester to go along and transfer the domain, and to include the hosting package into that.

- - - Updated - - -

Update

So I went ahead and placed the EPP code. and when I pressed continue, it included the package and the domain in the checkout menu.

I guess its working, I just think its confusing for a client to see those red letters remain after choosing the plan.

Edited by masterolive

So I went ahead and placed the EPP code. and when I pressed continue, it included the package and the domain in the checkout menu.

I guess its working, I just think its confusing for a client to see those red letters remain after choosing the plan.

what you're seeing shouldn't necessarily happen - either when adding a hosting product and selecting a transfer with it, or by choosing a transfer and adding hosting during the process.

e.g if you choose a transfer and then add hosting to it, the red line should change to green.

http://screencast.com/t/Qpc2JIMZ10