home page modification

-em-

Hello,

I need to make a few changes:

1. How to remove the domain search box from the homepage and replace it with the domain search box from /cart.php?a=add&domain=register

2. How to change the top menu bar (links and text), more exactly the domain tab and "How can we help today?" bar?

Thank you in advance

I need to make a few changes:

1. How to remove the domain search box from the homepage and replace it with the domain search box from /cart.php?a=add&domain=register

to remove domainchecker from the homepage...

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?110267-Remove-domainchecker-on-the-home-page&p=450302#post450302

to replace it with a search box from the cart, you might as well use a custom form... for you, probably one based on the integration code for domain ordering would be a starting point... even though you will be using it for products with subdomains. :idea:

<form action="*whmcs url*/cart.php?a=add&pid=1" method="post">
Domain: <input type="text" name="sld" size="20" /> <select name="tld">
<option>.subdomain1.com</option>
<option>.subdomain2.com</option>
</select>
<input type="submit" value="Go" />
</form>

then you just need to style it to your site... the above form will pass the search term to the cart and the ordering process can continue...

2. How to change the top menu bar (links and text), more exactly the domain tab and "How can we help today?" bar?

changing the menu bar links and text can be done in a few ways - depending on exactly what you want to do...

if you just want to change the label (text) of an existing default WHMCS navbar label, you can use Language Overrides.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Language_Overrides

if you want to change links or labels (where overrides wouldn't work), you would need to use an action hook,

http://docs.whmcs.com/Client_Area_Navigation_Menus_Cheatsheet

the "How Can We Help Today? text can be changed using a Language Override...

if you want to remove it and/or alter that part of the homepage, you would need to edit a template - templates/*your theme*/header.tpl

Great!!!

#1 request is done perfectly

Just curious, if the form is modified where options are check boxes, would it work if more the one check box is selected?

Regarding #2, I want to change the content only of the existing navbar. I am not familiar with action hook, so I will use the first option! :)

Thank you