How to style the print output of an invoice?

are you talking about the HTML invoice as opposed to the PDF invoice ?

if so, you could take a look in six (or custom theme)/css/invoice.css and make your changes there.

i've just printed an invoice from a 6.3.1 dev and it looks virtually the same as it does on-screen... except the printed version has a 1px border around it, but that could be removed via a simple tweak to the css.

Hi Brett,

I'm talking about clicking the print button when viewing the normal HTML version. See my examples below

oh wow - they are vastly different! :?:

this looks like being a browser issue, or more specifically, how the browser is handling the template and/or css... possibly float.

taking a look at the invoice in Firefox 46, it looks the same as your first image both on-screen and when printed out... but open the same invoice in Chrome (or IE11) and whilst on-screen it looks the same as your first image, the print preview shows it more like your second image... the same thing occurs on the WHMCS demo which is using v6.3RC1. :roll:

there are two paths to a solution to this... long-term solution would be to open a ticket with Support or report it as a possible bug in the Bug Reports forum... that should make WHMCS aware of the issue (if they aren't already) and get them working on a fix for a future release... I say long-term solution, as I wouldn't expect another release this month, so probably more likely June or later.

short-term solution would be to start modifying the template and/or css yourself to fix this issue - that might be tweaking the css, but using a table for these misaligned items would probably be the quickest way.

Edited by brian!