Move From Ubersmith to WHMCS

• 4 months later...
Has anyone moved from Ubersmith to WHMCS

Yes, a couple of times from various acquisitions and for clients

do you have any automated scripts for this or any tips?

No scripts as such, but it's not that different in DB structure, so relatively straight forward to export to an intermediate db, rewrite/add id's, fill in the missing required field values and then then import into whmcs :)

Last one we did for a client involved a lot of other whmcs setup (plans/pricing/etc) not just clients, invoices, accounts/payments etc, but the Ubersmith > WHMCS work if separated out would have been around $800

Edited by othellotech

Yes, a couple of times from various acquisitions and for clients

No scripts as such, but it's not that different in DB structure, so relatively straight forward to export to an intermediate db, rewrite/add id's, fill in the missing required field values and then then import into whmcs :)

Last one we did for a client involved a lot of other whmcs setup (plans/pricing/etc) not just clients, invoices, accounts/payments etc, but the Ubersmith > WHMCS work if separated out would have been around $800

Hi Rob,

How did you import into whmcs? Via the API?

I downloaded my DB tables from Ubersmith and put them in the correct order then uploaded them to WHMCS via phpmyadmin and everything works fine except the credit cards. WHMCS said the credit cards need to be entered manually or via the API to get encrypted correctly and work.

So it sounds like I have to upload the two csv files tblclients and tblhosting via the API which I don't know how to do. Is this something you can help with? I only used Ubersmith for monthly and annual debiting for hosting, no domains or support tickets at all.

Pleased advise.

Thanks

Rod