Error on ordering

AllanD

I just upgraded to 6.2.2 and when someone goes to order they can enter the domain name, choose a package but when you hit continue it brings up a blank page and you can't go further. I have checked the logs and found this

Smarty Error: Unable to load template file 'five/includes/pwstrength.tpl' in '/xxx/xxx/public_html/clients/templates/orderforms/modern/viewcart.tpl'

I went through the templates and the pwstrength.tpl is not in the includes folder just listed under the five folder can I change the viewcart.tpl to reflect the correct path of the pwstrength.tpl? or do should I create a folder includes and move the file in there?

I think this may be a bug - unless you're specifically not supposed to use Modern with "five"... but I can't recall reading that you can't.

the problem with changing the path or moving the file is complicated by other templates needing to use pwstrength.tpl - so if you move it, you'll have to edit the other templates too... if you change the path in viewcart.tpl, then that might work... but then you'd run into an issue if you tried to use Modern with "Six" as the include path would then be wrong.

weirdly, if I setup our v6.2.2 dev to use your combination, five and Modern, it works - and the code in viewcart.tpl is exactly the same on our dev and your website... but if I do the same on the WHMCS demo (6.3RC1), it fails with exactly the same error message in the logs..

Smarty Error: Unable to load template file 'five/includes/pwstrength.tpl' in '/home/wwwdemo2/public_html/templates/orderforms/modern/viewcart.tpl'

your website order process works using "Six", so it's not an orderform issue... so, I think the simplest solution would be to edit the path in modern/viewcart.tpl and edit the include...

perhaps replace it with the code from the old boxes template...

{if file_exists("templates/$template/pwstrength.tpl")}
                               {include file="$template/pwstrength.tpl"}
                           {elseif file_exists("templates/six/includes/pwstrength.tpl")}
                               {include file="six/includes/pwstrength.tpl"}
                           {/if}

that way, whether you're using five or six, the modern template should still work.