Sticky Custom Field For Server Logins

kjavitz

Hi,

I need a feature that has a "sticky" custom field across client tickets for their server logins. I realize it could be a customer custom field but I prefer a ticket level field so we can access it quicker and so I don't have to ask all our existing clients to go to their profile and enter their logins.

Does anyone know of a module like this? I searched and couldn't find one.

could you use support ticket custom fields ?

http://docs.whmcs.com/Custom_Fields#Support_Custom_Fields

Custom fields for support are set per department and allow you to ask users for additional information when opening tickets. This is often used for things such as current usernames & passwords, etc... These are configured in Setup > Support > Support Departments > Edit > Custom Fields tab

oh I see what you mean now. :idea:

you're sort of falling between client and support custom fields - i'm not aware of a module that can do this.

if they were client custom fields, you'd have access to them from the six supportticketsubmit-step2 template as they'd be stored as an array within the $clientsdetails array - whether you could then pull them from there and add their values to the ticket form automatically might be worth trying...

• 2 weeks later...