Merge domain TLD Dropdown into one input field

USA_Webmaster

May you please help point me in the right direction? I'm using "Modern" Cart plus Six theme design.

• How do I combine input value="{$sld}" and input value="{$tld|substr:1}" into one field?

The two php snippets I'm looking at in configureproductdomain.tpl file are:

input type="text" id="owndomainsld" value="{$sld}" .....

AND

<input type="text" id="owndomaintld" value="{$tld|substr:1}" .....

I'm browsing over the Registrar Module Dev Docs but don't understand everything...I wish to combine "I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers" input fields into one. Customer may type "domain" and the "TLD" all at once without tabbing.

fqZF35l.png

Thanks for taking a look at the thread.

---

similar feature request --> https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/merge-current-domain-checker

similar idea --> http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?109551-Cart-combine-domain-register-and-transfer-into-one-field&highlight=combine+domain+checker

p.s. - if anyone wants the code i'm using right now just let me know

Edited by USA_Webmaster
formatting + updated with picture

• How do I combine input value="{$sld}" and input value="{$tld|substr:1}" into one field?

I don't think you do want to combine them into one field - the cart will be expecting $sld and $tld to be passed separately and will likely not function if it doesn't get them...

the only two options I can see would be to either have one field and then split the entered values into $sld and $tld - perhaps in jquery or a hook... or bypass the $sld/$tld validation, enabling you to pass $sld (domain.com) and then split it into $sld and $tld at the next stage (domainoptions.tpl).

i'm struggling to recall a thread of something attempting this before, but I can't recall anyone trying. :?: