Product bundle of same product in multiple quantities

vbatra

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to create a product bundle by including 3 same hosting product. Lets say the price of hosting for one product is $50 and if customer purchases the bundle he will get 3 of such product he will pay $100.

What I did

• Created a product bundle
  • Added those products 3 times
  • Set the product bundle to never expire
  • Set the override price as $100
  • Marked it as featured

Now whenever customer clicks on the said package he is being asked to add (click on the continue) the same product three times in a row before the cart shows "checkout" and the price is displayed as $150. I am using the cloud slider template.

anyone know how to do it or what am I doing wrong?

if you weren't discounting the price, you could have used the "Multiple Quantities" checkbox in the product setup.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Products_and_Services#Pricing_Tab

Allow Multiple Quantities - When enabled this option allows clients to choose the quantity of this product they wish to order, on the checkout page an option will be available. The product must require no additional configuration such as product custom fields, configurable options.

it sounds correct that the customer would have to add the package 3 times - if the packages were the same, you could use multiple quantities, but if not, then it makes sense for WHMCS to check the setup of each.

when you say that you have "Set the override price as $100", do you mean the display price? if so, that's all it is - a price that is displayed in the cart but is not used to set a price for the bundle as a whole.

if you wanted to do that, you could set a price override for each of the bundle products, e.g $33.33 each... or the first two packages for $50 each and the last one for free... if the bundle criteria is met, then they should be charged $100 for the 3 - if they try and remove one of the $50 packages in the hope of getting the other two for $50 combined, then they'll be disappointed as the criteria will fail and they'll be charged full price for the remaining two packages in the cart. :)

Hey Brian,

I had tried exact the same thing you said

Price override did not work for me so I overridden the price per product. This works fine till the time a customer is adding product 3 times in the cart but the final price on the checkout page is always $150 ($50x3). Screenshots attached.

Product Bundles.png

Shopping Cart.png

Shopping Cart-Final.png

Hi,

I had tried exact the same thing you said

i'm not sure I suggested trying multiples inside a product bundle - either multiples or a bundle, not one in the other! :)

Price override did not work for me so I overridden the price per product. This works fine till the time a customer is adding product 3 times in the cart but the final price on the checkout page is always $150 ($50x3).

I think WHMCS will take that as 3 of the first product in the bundle, but the 2nd and 3rd products are missing in the cart and so the bundle pricing isn't triggered... hence being charged full price.

if these hosting product setup can be different, then what I would suggest to do is to add the same three products to the bundle (change the product to not allow multiple quantities)...

7lZkjdX.png

in the above example, i've priced them at 50/50 and 0 - but equally 33.33/33.33/33.33 would work.

then in the cart, I can add the bundle to the cart and go through the process of configuring each one - in the example below, i've given each a different domain name.

dj0oV3R.png

so as you can see, the bundle pricing is active - the third product is free - it's not charging the normal amount for each (40).

as I mentioned in a previous post, if the customer was to remove the first product in the hope of getting one for 50 and the other free, they'll be disappointed - as soon as you remove a product, the bundle criteria fails and they'll be charged full price for the products in the cart...

uIB6GLA.png

hopefully that makes sense and will help you tweak your product bundle setup. :idea: