direct link to cutomer product - download page

clasil

Hi sentq,

Basically when user login to our whmcs we want to add a link for easy access to the download page..

See at the moment you have to go to the product page and the you have to click on the download tab and then you see the downloads files..

we want a direct link to the download file page

I hope that is more clear ;)

Thanks for the help

Cs

Basically when user login to our whmcs we want to add a link for easy access to the download page..

where do you want to add the link? navbar, sidebar or somewhere else?

See at the moment you have to go to the product page and the you have to click on the download tab and then you see the downloads files..

we want a direct link to the download file page

I don't have any product downloads on my dev site (nor on the WHMCS demo site), so when you follow the above path to the download tab, what's the URL in the browser (the part after your domain) ?

there would be a way to use hooks to do this, but hopefully just using the URL will be simpler!

where do you want to add the link? navbar, sidebar or somewhere else?

hi brian the link will be in the navbar from a custom template, no problem with that .. the issue is the url see below

I don't have any product downloads on my dev site (nor on the WHMCS demo site), so when you follow the above path to the download tab, what's the URL in the browser (the part after your domain) ?

there would be a way to use hooks to do this, but hopefully just using the URL will be simpler!

here is the link

/clientarea/clientarea.php?action=productdetails&id=5

Thanks brian!

Cs

Hi Cs,

I can see one immediate problem that you're going to run into... in the client area, the downloads page is product specific - so will only show the downloads available for the selected product, not downloads for all products... so if a client has more than one product with downloads, they'd need to view each separately... so adding a generic link in the navbar wouldn't work (unless you could guarantee that your clients had only one product with downloads).

I think your second suggestion of creating a dedicated page for downloads would be easier to implement - so add a link to the navbar in the usual way (hook), and then for your new downloads page, you'll need a second hook that will query the database (or use the classes) to get the downloads available for that client and pass the array back to the page... I would imagine you would need to reference a number of different tables to get all the required info for your page.