What happens if a client pays an invoice really late?

apollo1

I need some help understanding what will happen in these scenarios:

1) Your client is on a monthly billing, and has an invoice which hasn't been paid in a few weeks (client I know, so I let them get away with this). You have "continuous invoice generation" disabled, and you are not auto suspending accounts. Let's say the invoice hasn't been paid for over a month, and then the client pays the invoice. Will they receive another invoice right away for the next invoices which are past the due date?

2) You have a client you have not billed for many months because you were lazy, however, they have their account and are using your hosting service. So you go into WHMCS and enter an order for that client's existing service. After you enter the order, you activate it without creating an account (since the account is already created and customer is using). You then go to invoice options, and set the invoice date and due date to the same value (ie. 01/01/2007 in this scenario). Next, you set the "next due date" to 02/01/2007 (Feb 1). WHMCS will generate the first invoice as expected. Now, when the client pays this first invoice will WHMCS automatically create a bunch of other invoices for all the other months to bring them to the current month? I don't get how this is supposed to work.

Thanks and sorry for the long winded post.

I need some help understanding what will happen in these scenarios:

1) Your client is on a monthly billing, and has an invoice which hasn't been paid in a few weeks (client I know, so I let them get away with this). You have "continuous invoice generation" disabled, and you are not auto suspending accounts. Let's say the invoice hasn't been paid for over a month, and then the client pays the invoice. Will they receive another invoice right away for the next invoices which are past the due date?

2) You have a client you have not billed for many months because you were lazy, however, they have their account and are using your hosting service. So you go into WHMCS and enter an order for that client's existing service. After you enter the order, you activate it without creating an account (since the account is already created and customer is using). You then go to invoice options, and set the invoice date and due date to the same value (ie. 01/01/2007 in this scenario). Next, you set the "next due date" to 02/01/2007 (Feb 1). WHMCS will generate the first invoice as expected. Now, when the client pays this first invoice will WHMCS automatically create a bunch of other invoices for all the other months to bring them to the current month? I don't get how this is supposed to work.

Thanks and sorry for the long winded post.

As far as i could tell.....in the case 1) he will not receive the invoice unless you activate "continuous invoice generation".

In case 2), after he paid the Feb 1 invoice, WHMCS will generate the March one only, then once he pay the March one, he will get the next month, etc.

Someone correct me if im woring.

Thanks arteryplanet. Yeah, I'm a little confused not knowing what to expect. If you are right about #2, that would not be too great. It would be nicer when you place an order with an old invoice date, that the bill be calculated from date of invoice to present day. Or maybe it would be better if I just set the due date as next month, and add a line entry to the invoice for the total outstanding money owed for the months which have already passed.

The only reason I am wondering about scenario #2 is because I have some clients who have hosting, but I never created the order or invoiced them in several months. I just set up their cpanel manually and emailed them their details.