Order Summary not showing Domain name registration price

dflorence

I'm a newbie to whmcs. - I have setup a "community webhosting" offer. - Users need to purchase a domain name.

The problem is that the order summary only shows the webhosting costs, users have to continue to the checkout before the domain name costs are added.

Is this normal? - It's very misleading for my customers being told the amount to pay today is one amount, then when they select continue, the price goes up!

see /http://leeds11.com/customerportal/cart.php?a=add&pid=1

I think that's the way the "Modern" orderform template has always worked - it was like that in v5 too.

the quickest fix would probably be to tweak the modern/ordersummary.tpl template - I think all the variables are present, they just aren't being used...

as a quick demo, I modified the code to show the domain name and the correct recurring price...

<div class="summaryproduct">{$producttotals.productinfo.groupname} - <b>{$producttotals.productinfo.name}</b></div>
<table class="ordersummarytbl">
<tr><td>{$producttotals.productinfo.name}</td><td class="text-right">{$producttotals.pricing.baseprice}</td></tr>
<tr><td>
{foreach from=$producttotals.configoptions item=configoption}{if $configoption}
<tr><td style="padding-left:10px;">» {$configoption.name}: {$configoption.optionname}</td><td class="text-right">{$configoption.recurring}{if $configoption.setup} + {$configoption.setup} {$LANG.ordersetupfee}{/if}</td></tr>
{/if}{/foreach}
{foreach from=$carttotals.domains item=domains}
<tr><td>{$domains.domain}</td><td class="text-right">{$domains.price}</td></tr>
{/foreach}
{foreach from=$producttotals.addons item=addon}
<tr><td>+ {$addon.name}</td><td class="text-right">{$addon.recurring}</td></tr>
{/foreach}
</table>
{if $producttotals.pricing.setup || $producttotals.pricing.recurring || $producttotals.pricing.addons}
<div class="summaryproduct"></div>
<table width="100%">
{if $producttotals.pricing.setup}<tr><td>{$LANG.cartsetupfees}:</td><td class="text-right">{$producttotals.pricing.setup}</td></tr>{/if}
{foreach from=$producttotals.pricing.recurringexcltax key=cycle item=recurring}
<tr><td>{$cycle}</td><td class="text-right">{if $cycle eq "Monthly"}{$carttotals.totalrecurringmonthly}{elseif $cycle eq "Quarterly"}{$carttotals.totalrecurringquarterly}{elseif $cycle eq "Semi-Annually"}{$carttotals.totalrecurringsemiannually}{elseif $cycle eq "Annually"}{$carttotals.totalrecurringannually}{elseif $cycle eq "Biennially"}{$carttotals.totalrecurringbiennially}{elseif $cycle eq "Triennially"}{$carttotals.totalrecurringtriennially}{/if}</td></tr>
{/foreach}
{if $producttotals.pricing.tax1}<tr><td>{$carttotals.taxname} @ {$carttotals.taxrate}%:</td><td class="text-right">{$producttotals.pricing.tax1}</td></tr>{/if}
{if $producttotals.pricing.tax2}<tr><td>{$carttotals.taxname2} @ {$carttotals.taxrate2}%:</td><td class="text-right">{$producttotals.pricing.tax2}</td></tr>{/if}
</table>
{/if}
<div class="summaryproduct"></div>
<table width="100%">
<tr><td colspan="2" class="text-right">{$LANG.ordertotalduetoday}: <b>{$carttotals.total}</b></td></tr>
</table>

it's far from perfect (one of the foreach loops is really annoying me!) and it might run into accuracy issues if you have more than one product in the cart, but as you only appear to be selling two products at the moment, you should be ok for now - but test, test and test again to make sure. :idea:

nrFFR4p.png

if there's a major issue, do let me know - but i'll be in Edgbaston for the 3rd Test for the next few days, so I might not reply until the weekend. cricket.gif