copying db accross

AlexFaller

Hi, Im installing a fresh copy of 6.0 onto a local dev server and I've exported my db from my live version via phpmyadmin to try and import the db into my dev version, but all I get are errors that admin tables exist etc. Is there a way to export and import the data an easier way as im assuming im doing it wrong? :oops:

I think the correct way (or at least the way I think I did it when setting up my v6 dev!) was to make a duplicate of the v5.3 database, install v6 in a new directory and then when it asks for database details during installation, give it the username/password etc for the copied table... it then converts it into a v6 database and away you go...

I think the correct way (or at least the way I think I did it when setting up my v6 dev!) was to make a duplicate of the v5.3 database, install v6 in a new directory and then when it asks for database details during installation, give it the username/password etc for the copied table... it then converts it into a v6 database and away you go...

Thanks for the reply. I tried that already, both with upgrading the live one (before deciding I needed to really do these things on a staging server first after taking the entire site down oops) and now on the local one, but I get this error: Unable to complete incremental updates: Unable to import the 6.0.0 Alpha1 database file. Unable to import resources/sql/upgrade600alpha1.sql: Duplicate column name 'created_at'

with both.