Sending Emails from WHMCS

Alpine

Hi

I'm quite new to the system and trying to read and find as many guides as I can about this great system.

I have one question I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere, and hope someone can give me an answer.

Where can I configure which Emails are sent to my clients. For example if I want to sent a welcome Email automatically to a client after he/she has paid for an order, where and how would I do that.

Thank you very much

Best Regard

Rene

Hi Brian

Thank you very much for your reply. My challange is that if I define an Email under products it will send that mail as soon as I create the product. What I would like WHMCS to do is send a Welcome mail to the customer when they pay. Right now they receive the payment confirmation which is good, but if they at the same time could get a Welcome mail it would be even better.

So the question is can I somewhere tell the system to send a specifik mail when a customer pays. I can see there could be an option under Email marketer, but there's no option for when a customer has paid, so maybe we need to programm this if possible?)

Again thank you for your help

Best Regard

Rene

Hi Rene,

what are the Provision settings for the product?

http://docs.whmcs.com/Products_and_Services#Module_Settings_.28aka_Provisioning.29

There are 4 automation settings to choose from for product activation and they are:

• Automatically setup the product as soon as an order is placed - this will setup instantly usually used for free products
  • Automatically setup the product as soon as the first payment is received - this will perform the setup as soon as the order is paid for
  • Automatically setup the product when you manually accept a pending order - this will perform the setup only when an admin has manually reviewed and accepted the order
  • Do not automatically setup this product - never auto setup the product - admins can still initiate manually from the product details page under a clients profile.

the Welcome email is sent when the product is provisioned - so if you set the product to use the second option (setup when payment received), it should send the email *after* payment has been received and marked as paid.

Hi Brian

Again thanks for the help.

Still can't get it to work no matter what i checkmark under modules.

The problem is that when I create a quote, and Email as pdf, as soon as the customer accepts the quote a welcom Email is sent to him. It works though when the customer accepts and pays an order he will receive the same Email, but before we can send an order we need the customer to accept the quote, and not receive a welcome mail.

Could it be because we have asked WHMCS to send an automatic welcome mail as soon as the customer accepts a quote?, and if that is the case where could I correct this.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regard

Rene

Hi Rene,

Again thanks for the help.

Still can't get it to work no matter what i checkmark under modules.

The problem is that when I create a quote, and Email as pdf, as soon as the customer accepts the quote a welcom Email is sent to him. It works though when the customer accepts and pays an order he will receive the same Email, but before we can send an order we need the customer to accept the quote, and not receive a welcome mail.

Could it be because we have asked WHMCS to send an automatic welcome mail as soon as the customer accepts a quote?, and if that is the case where could I correct this.

i've just tried this on my dev site to make sure, but if I setup a hosting product (setup when payment received), create a quote with that product, have the client accept it - all he receives is the "Quote Accepted" email - there's no welcome email - even when converting to invoice, there is no welcome email.

unless you've modified the "Quote Accepted" email template to look like a welcome email, i'm not sure what's going on!

what type of product is it? i'm wondering if it's using some sort of addon that's triggering the welcome email...

Hi Brian

Well you were right, the previous guy who worked on the system actually changed the Quote mail to be the welcome mail, didn't see that one :)

Thank you so much for your time and all the help, much appreciated.

Best Regard

Rene