Bundles Products Free Hosting and Free Domain

philthebass

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me with this as I've been running round chasing my tail for a couple of days trying to figure out the best way to do this.

I am trying to create a bundle or parent product that I sell at £750 which includes:

Web site design and development (currently set up as a product in WHMCS)

Logo design/Corporate ID Kit (currently set up as a product in WHMCS)

Free domain name year 1 - billed annually thereafter

Free hosting year 1 - billed annually thereafter

When a customer buys, I want them to be able to choose a domain, and that the hosting is auto set up when the purchase is complete.

I've tried several different ways to approach this, all of which have lead me up a blind alley so far.

I'm also trying to avoid giving customers the ability to remove items from the cart during checkout if possible.

Any help/pointers would be gratefully received as I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure it out.

Thanks

one possible way would be to create a product bundle with 3 items...

1. Web site

2. Logo

3. Hosting & domain

ignore the first year hosting/domain being free, as you can use a price override for the bundle which makes the initial price of each product irrelevant - just setup the hosting product to require a domain and have a recurring price, make the domain free for the 1st year (renew as normal) and select the TLDs you want to offer for free.

then just set your product bundle to appear in the product group, or add a direct link from your site.

with regards to preventing customers from removing items, you could do that by modifying the template - but remember with product bundles, if you remove one or more products, the other products get charged at full price...