DNS Management Add-On

robwee

I have a question about the DNS add-on. Is this something that I need to charge my clients for? I am with enom and if I provide this feature for free, will enom charge me for this?

Also I am a little baffled because when I turn this feature off. My existing clients still have this feature turned on in their client areas. IE - they are able to change the Namerservers.

I am not using Enom right now, so I can not answer all of your questions but I did turn this on for the DirectI which was incorrect to do. So I had to go into phpmyamdin to delete the records. Let me know if you want to turn these off in the client area and I will describe in more detail how to do this if you need me to.

Baja

Hello,

Where can i change the price of DNS Manangement, Privacy Protect and Email Forwarding? I'm using DirectI and whmcs displays a price of -1 for dns management and email forwarding

Configuration --> General Configuration --> Click on Domains tab.

For both DNS management and E-Mail forwarding, the domains need to be pointing to eNom name-servers, as both items are managed at eNom.

We've worked the template so that it checks the name-servers found by WHMCS, and only if they're pointing to the eNom defined ones, will the DNS Management and E-Mail forwarding options show. Otherwise, a button is available which will reset the values back to their default versions.

• 4 weeks later...
For both DNS management and E-Mail forwarding, the domains need to be pointing to eNom name-servers, as both items are managed at eNom.

We've worked the template so that it checks the name-servers found by WHMCS, and only if they're pointing to the eNom defined ones, will the DNS Management and E-Mail forwarding options show. Otherwise, a button is available which will reset the values back to their default versions.

How did you do this? Can you supply with me the necessary code?

Cheers

Neil

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I am using Directi as my registrar and I have enabled the Managed DNS

on both Configuration > Domain pricing for testing in .com domain,

and I also made a client and I bought a domain, I checked from admin

to this client the DNS Managed service again but

when I login as a client I see only the nameserver boxes under the domain options.

No information or something how to make A, MX, etc Records.

Any idea if this is possible through whmcs?

If not, there is no reason to have DNS Management/Mail Forward/EPP Code/

on domain pricing...

Or just I did something wrong?

Regards,

Chris

• WHMCS CEO

The DNS Record Management and Email Forwarding works with the Enom module only currently so you can't use them with DirectI. You do of course need to enable the EPP option for all the domains that require an EPP code to transfer - .com,.net,.org,etc...

Matt

You do of course need to enable the EPP option for all the domains that require an EPP code to transfer - .com,.net,.org,etc...

Matt

Matt is this per the registrars requirements or per domain extension requirements? I mean, is it different if you use Enom vice Directi for example? Or just based on certain extensions?

I want to make sure I check the proper domains for EPP code.

Hi, Im hoping someone is some one is subscribed to this thread. Im using planet domains and i would like to host my own dns server. Im just confused how this all intergrades with WHMCS... does any one have experince with DNS managment software that intergrades well?

Thanks

Rick