How to apply Different Pricing according to number of Letters in Domain name ?

dimatech

Hello,

This is my first THread in this Forum. I am new to WHMCS and i configure most of things in a good way. however, i face a "problem" when i want to give prices to my ccTLD (.PS). because it deppends on number of letters in the domain. for example.

2 letters ( ab.ps) = 500$ one time 250$ recuring

3 letters ( abc.ps) = 200$ one time 50$ recuring

3+ letters ( abcd...)= 30$ one time 30$ recuring

how may i apply that? i check the documentation .. there is only a way to limit the number of letters

$DomainMinLengthRestrictions[".asia"] = 4;

$DomainMaxLengthRestrictions[".asia"] = 64;

thank you for your help

that's an interesting question... unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to do this simply by modifying some WHMCS settings - you may need to post in Marketplace and pay someone to create an addon to do this.

http://forum.whmcs.com/forumdisplay.php?49-Marketplace

by default, a TLD can only have one price within WHMCS.

are you sure that you can register 2-letter .ps domains? as far as I know, they have to be between 3 & 63 characters for .ps registrations - perhaps the rules have changed since I last checked... and as it's your local ccTLD, you probably know the rules better than me! :)

that's an interesting question... unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to do this simply by modifying some WHMCS settings - you may need to post in Marketplace and pay someone to create an addon to do this.

http://forum.whmcs.com/forumdisplay.php?49-Marketplace

by default, a TLD can only have one price within WHMCS.

are you sure that you can register 2-letter .ps domains? as far as I know, they have to be between 3 & 63 characters for .ps registrations - perhaps the rules have changed since I last checked... and as it's your local ccTLD, you probably know the rules better than me! :)

Thank you brian for your Reply .. I will wait a while before submitting that to Marketplace.. maybe someone have a solution for that.

For ccTLD .. there is always changes in our Country .. yes you can now register 2 letters domain name .. however this is not autmatic registration this is manual one.. and its for local business only ( not international)

BTW do you have experinece in programing Module for registerar ?

Thanks again

BTW do you have experience in programming Module for registrar ?

some, but there are others with more experience than me who'll be in a better position to help you.

I suspect you'll have to have the registrar module written - unless you can find a Palestinian registrar who offers a WHMCS registrar module... even if one of the current WHMCS worldwide registrars offer .ps domain registrations, from what you say, it sounds like they couldn't register 2-letter domains as they're not local.

using a custom registrar module, it might also be possible to sell .ps premium names too - depends what the API allows.