Ticket System - staff replies by email

O-bit

Hi I have the support ticket system working so far to a point but have a question regarding replies by email.

If I reply to a ticket by email the reply is shown in the customers ticket but says it's from the email I replied from and not 'Staff'

This means that when the customer logs in to their ticket system it doesn't show as 'Answered' IE it remains as 'Customer-Reply'.

If I respond via the admin system it does work though.

Which email should I reply to customer support tickets because if I switch to allow only registered clients I can't reply to tickets by email IE I get the 'Unregistered Email Address' message in the import log.

Thanks in advance for any help.

OK, I did some testing.

Staff replies via e-mail will ONLY work if you have not set anything in the "System Emails From Name" and "System Emails From Email" boxes under the configuration>mail section.

Now each ticket notice for a staff member gets the reply-to of the department e-mail address.

Thanks guys, I've not tried removing System Emails From Name" etc yet s I want to check all possible avenues just in case.

But have tried Matt's suggestion 'You need to reply using your admin email address.' without any luck.

I have a POP account set up which I use as main system email EG webmaster@XXX.com

I have a POP account set up which I use for the support dept EG support@xxx.com which is forwarded to: | php -q /xxxpath/xxxpath/xxxpath/hosting/pipe/pipe.php

If I reply to support tickets using webmaster@XXX.com I get: Unregistered Email Address

If I reply to support tickets using support@XXX.com I get: Blocked Potential Email Loop

Any thoughts?

OK, Solved. Don't think I read the reply properly.

All I did was changed the main admin users email address to webmaster@XXX.com and it all works 100%

Thanks for your help.

Matt - this system is perfect. I have used AWBS, Modern Bill plus a few others and am currently testing HSP Complete for a client that has loads of Plesk servers. WHMCS is head and shoulders above the others for ease of use and functionality. Well done.

• WHMCS CEO
Matt - this system is perfect. I have used AWBS, Modern Bill plus a few others and am currently testing HSP Complete for a client that has loads of Plesk servers. WHMCS is head and shoulders above the others for ease of use and functionality. Well done.

Thanks! Always nice to hear positive feedback from users.

So when you reply to a ticket via e-mail, the WHMCS imports the full e-mail body into the ticket without issue?

Of course! That's what the email piping does. If you've got an issue, open a ticket and I'll take a look.

Matt

O-bit,

So when you reply to a ticket via e-mail, the WHMCS imports the full e-mail body into the ticket without issue?

lostinspace - yes - I'm using Entourage and the email body is importing in properly. My messages are also replied / sent as HTML.

Confirmed, tried a reply again with Outlook and changed to plain text reply. Message tanked.

This kinda stinks for when you need to reply with a PDA or something.

So here's the run-down:

Replys including both HTML and TEXT versions SUCCEED.

Replys including HTML only FAIL.

Replys including TEXT only FAIL.

I discovered this same problem on a new hosting site that is using WHMCS. To my knowledge though, it only happened when the reply was html without any plain text. When I replied with a message that was text AND html, it was properly parsed. (Using pop3 import, not direct piping). I never tried ONLY text though.

I had a ticket open regarding this issue, but have let it languish do to other things occupying my time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry to dig up this thread...

But on a similar note with v3.6.0, it seems staff copies of support ticket e-mails are getting tagged with the system "from" e-mail (Configuration > General Settings > Mail > "System Emails From Email" section) vs. the support department e-mail. Obviously, staff replies aren't reaching the ticket system if they reply to the message via e-mail. Did I miss something about this changing in v3.6.0? Was working like a champ until the v3.6.0 upgrade.

• 1 month later...
OK, I did some testing.

Staff replies via e-mail will ONLY work if you have not set anything in the "System Emails From Name" and "System Emails From Email" boxes under the configuration>mail section.

Now each ticket notice for a staff member gets the reply-to of the department e-mail address.

Really? That is not what I get. I get a blank for sender and can not reply because there is nobody to reply to.

If there is no sender set in the Main mail config, there is nothing to reply to. What am I missing?

Yeah, this is old info. Since WHMCS 3.6.0. something went goofy again and now the only info I get in the Admin ticket notice e-mail is whatever e-mail is entered in the "System Emails From Email".

I sent in a ticket about it but don't see the issue on the list of bugs fro 3.6.1. so I dunno.