Add info from Hosting Account Welcome Email to Client Area

adm1adm

Hi,

I'm new to WHMCS, so i'm still learning and getting to grips with how it works.

Is it possible to add some of the info sent in 'Hosting Account Welcome Email' to the Client Area? Specifically on the Information tab when viewing the details of a product/service?

At the moment it just displays the billing info, disk space/bandwidth usage etc.

But I would like it to show the full account details e.g. Namerserver, server info, email settings, temp web url etc.

e.g. below is some of the info/code in the Hosting Account Welcome Email:

Server Name: {$service_server_name}

Server IP: {$service_server_ip}

I've tried adding these merge fields to 'clientareaproductdetails.tpl' file but it does not display the information.

Is it possible to do this? Do I need to add some code so that it knows what the merge fields are?

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

I've tried adding these merge fields to 'clientareaproductdetails.tpl' file but it does not display the information.

aah - if only it were that simple! :)

sometimes the same information is available on different templates using different variables.

Is it possible to do this? Do I need to add some code so that it knows what the merge fields are?

a good first step would be to add {debug} to the end of the clientareaproductdetails.tpl template - then refresh that page in the browser, and it should open a popup window containing a list of variables/arrays that you can access using Smarty.

if you do that, you'll see that {$serverdata} is probably the variable you're wanting to use - so you should be able to use the info in there to display the account details in the client area by adding codes similar to below to the template.. e.g.,

{$serverdata.ipaddress} -> show the IP address...

{$serverdata.name} -> show the server name...

{$serverdata.nameserver1} -> show the nameserver1 name...

temp URL/email would depend on your server setup, but I imagine would be along the lines of...

temp URL -> http://{$serverdata.ipaddress}/~{$serverdata.username}

email -> mail.{$domain}

hope that helps.... and don't forget to remove {debug} when you've finished editing the template!

Edited by brian!