ID protection issue

arteryplanet

not sure if qualify this as a bug or not but certainly is a problem.....the id protection services is added as a domain addon right now this means future renewals will be renewed at the same date as the domain renewal and this is wrong, the enom id protection have independent date from the domain renewal date, so if you registered a domain on October 10 and then on December you wish add ID protection on it the id protection renewal will be on December next year do not go together with the domain date.

I guess it should be a domain addon but should have its own start and next due dates.

Thanx!

The other problem is that it doesn't say on the Domain Details page, nor on any invoice (or anywhere in the client area, so far as I can see) whether or not you have this/these feature(s) enabled.

When the invoice is generated, it items a domain, but there's just an increase in price.

It would be nice if it could let the client know, as part of the invoice and on the domain details page, that the features were ordered with it (and possibly what their costs were).

• 5 months later...

Hi

Did this ever get changed?

I manually transferred my helm billing to whmcs and during this process edited the mysql database and set id protect to true.

The domain was registered with enom 01/04/2007 and is due to expire 01/04/2008 however ID protect in enom is set to expire 12/12/2008.

Thanks

• 5 months later...

I agree with everyone here.

I just ran across this issue. We have activated the ID Protection service for some domains after initial purchase,. and had to create an invoice for it manually. And next year we have no way of knowing that this service needs to be renewed, charged, or not. The client neither.

I think it needs to be some kind of domain addon. Perhaps we need domain addons ?? Sounds like one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...