How to add Direct Paypal Link to notificatio email?

jasurdeury

Thanks for the reply!

The problem was that i am sending notification emails via the Email Marketer feature (since WHMCS doens't give any other options i think), and these emails do not take invoice info from merge tags.

So I just gave up on this, since there's apparently no way to insert a paypal payment link from a notification email. And there's no way to set a notification email to send X days before renewal, without using Email Marketer.

And even Email Marketer has some serious "logic" bugs that can lead to disasters, but i'll eventually open a new thread about that :D

The problem was that i am sending notification emails via the Email Marketer feature (since WHMCS doens't give any other options i think), and these emails do not take invoice info from merge tags.

So I just gave up on this, since there's apparently no way to insert a paypal payment link from a notification email. And there's no way to set a notification email to send X days before renewal, without using Email Marketer.

when you say notification email, what exactly is it? i'm assuming an invoice has already been generated for this renewal (otherwise the paypal link would be pointless!), so would it be an option to use the "Invoice Payment Reminder" email template - that will have access to the invoice variables.

I don't mean that you use it with the Email Marketer (you can't as it's an invoice email), but there is an option in the Automation settings to send a payment reminder x days before due date.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Automation_Settings#Payment_Reminder_Emails

with that feature enabled, the cron should automatically send an email to the client x days before due date - and Paypal links in there should work.

Thank you again for your answer.

I was using Email Marketer because i wanted to send different notifications before the expiring date (60-30-15-7 and 1 days before) and i couldn't find another feature to do it.

Eventually i would need to set the 60-30 and 15 days notifications from Email Marketer, and then eventually set the "Invoice Payment Reminder" template to be send 7 days before the expiring date.