Launguage Overrides after Update

danpoole

Hi, I am having a problem with the Launguage Overrides after Update.

I have set up an override as described here: http://docs.whmcs.com/Language_Files#Overriding_Language_Strings

But when I upgrade WHMCS it is overwritten by a default override.

I might add there was already a lang/overrides/english.php file in there, the default override has the following content.

<?php //004d5
// Software developed by Codeberg http://codeberg.com.au
// Copyright Codeberg 2014
// All Rights Reserved
if(!extension_loaded('ionCube Loader')){$__oc=strtolower(substr(php_uname(),0,3));$__ln='ioncube_loader_'.$__oc.'_'.substr(phpversion(),0,3).(($__oc=='win')?'.dll':'.so');if(function_exists('dl')){@dl($__ln);}if(function_exists('_il_exec')){return _il_exec();}$__ln='/ioncube/'.$__ln;$__oid=$__id=realpath(ini_get('extension_dir'));$__here=dirname(__FILE__);if(strlen($__id)>1&&$__id[1]==':'){$__id=str_replace('\\','/',substr($__id,2));$__here=str_replace('\\','/',substr($__here,2));}$__rd=str_repeat('/..',substr_count($__id,'/')).$__here.'/';$__i=strlen($__rd);while($__i--){if($__rd[$__i]=='/'){$__lp=substr($__rd,0,$__i).$__ln;if(file_exists($__oid.$__lp)){$__ln=$__lp;break;}}}if(function_exists('dl')){@dl($__ln);}}else{die('The file '.__FILE__." is corrupted.\n");}if(function_exists('_il_exec')){return _il_exec();}echo('Site error: the file <b>'.__FILE__.'</b> requires the ionCube PHP Loader '.basename($__ln).' to be installed by the website operator. If you are the website operator please use the <a href="http://www.ioncube.com/lw/">ionCube Loader Wizard</a> to assist with installation.');exit(199);
?>
HR+cPzaJXt8Nj7j5jDeIKUoAo8CYQ7+1loxN7R7YRb7/34HCLX2fFuP6dDDgvrpVCO5ekH8hdDzy
ZID3P5nuWCdg0ti9nLaANxt1oYS0bHyLLOKXh1MwON1lxO/yk0flWRResXMq+g0EqTZOL3sIGX7a
/2fpGZJMFrsowZzjkEx3klqflrDqdURZb9bsnNpaQHQL1keZeSFDE9aL4wN2kyAVnhSKa+1/oX3x
+rsNrcurLXxXhi3WTOuIlOS4auCftO5GG4ojV9aKFVIvgNWm8FVrgbCALLiO256PnQitQG8bGims
0FaFnjV02dUnb2Y6fEHoTlYBBHNWedOpx+PMGBzzQyGtuQ5+1Nug0NaFl+9b/xhzKGnrwILYL84b
gbxaK9jX9Plfu2SIzxK9N4lHthgQ6xwJZvaw2tNVyNMTHiLrrJFANS99QPIQDOXSYkuiOrpjpAUN

Where am i going wrong, can anybody please offer a suggestion?

the WHMCS v5.3.12 updates didn't include any "overrides" directory - so it shouldn't have changed your overrides file. :?:

perhaps you uploaded some lang files to the wrong directory? also, if you're using an addon from Codeberg, it might be worth asking them if their addon could be causing this.