Custom Status in Invoice

box

I want to have a status in Invoice named "Ordered".

I want to differentiate from invoices that the customer really owes from those that were generated from a order.

The invoice would change from Ordered to Unpaid if service was activated or to Paid if invoice Paid.

Right now it's a mess, looks like everything customers order is something he has to pay.

Btw, this is already a fix I was thinking to solve a bigger issue.

The ideal scenario was for orders not to generate invoices, but instead allow customers to pay for orders and only then create the invoice with status paid.

Currently every order or renewal creates an unpaid invoice so we don't know what customers really owe.

System should allow for one of the two options:

1) Orders not generate invoices but allow customers to pay the order (currently the system only allows to pay for an invoice). If customer would pay it would generate invoice with status Paid.

or

2) Invoices have an additional Status called "Orders" and all order generated invoices would have this status instead of Unpaid. If customer paid a Order Invoice it would become Paid.

Either way the staff would know if the customer really owes that money or not either by not having invoices generated for orders (option 1) or by being able to filter Invoices with status "Orders" (option 2).

you could modify the invoice templates themselves to show a custom invoice status, e.g as per option 2, but I don't think that you can have a custom invoice status as a filterable option on the admin area invoice page - those statuses aren't configurable, so they are likely hard-coded in the encrypted code... so it's unlikely that you could slip in an additional custom status into the code.

perhaps with v6, invoice statuses will be handled more flexibly - I don't know. :?:

I tried a custom invoice Status and it shows as "Unrecognized" in the admin area.

We could live with this but the $paymentbutton variable in the customers area comes empty which means WHMCS is looking at the invoice Status before returning the $paymentbutton variable and I'm pretty sure it would mess other things too.

We could live with this but the $paymentbutton variable in the customers area comes empty which means WHMCS is looking at the invoice Status before returning the $paymentbutton variable and I'm pretty sure it would mess other things too.

you might need to live with them being "Unpaid", but mask it in the invoices/client area by modifying the templates - e.g the clients won't care what the actual status is, because if the templates are modified to show "Ordered" instead of "Unpaid", they'll never know.

I guess you could write an action hook that could determine if an invoice was "ordered" and then use that to determine if/when

to show $paymentbutton.