Difference between "Add Funds" and "Manual Transaction"?

akust0m

After reading the WHMCS information regarding these two tools, I still don't understand the difference between them.

I have a customer that has paid money to us without using the "Add Funds" tool in the client portal, they just sent out money to be put as a credit on their account, it is not for any invoice in particular.

Which method to use?

I understand that "Add funds" issues an invoice and when paid the customer receives a receipt/paid invoice. A manual transaction does not send the customer anything that provides proof of their payment. Are there any other differences I should be aware of. Which one should I have chosen?

I went with the "Add funds" option. I initiated this in the admin panel and immediately applied payment.

Is this ok?

Add Funds option used to add credit account to automatically pay future services/invoices i think it doesn't send email confirmation when adding funds but it did when invoice created as normal.

the add funds system allowing customers to buy credit held in their account which can then be used to pay invoices. Invoices generated after credit has been added will automatically be used towards paying the balance. Both you and your customers can manually use the credit to pay invoices generated before credit was added.

Manual Transactions, is used when you client paid for invoice but not updated in your system as paid after the regular update time (take long time), or when you get paid in cash, so you will need to add transaction to invoice so WHMCS can automate things, you can read more about it here:

http://docs.whmcs.com/Transactions