Multilanguage product name and invoice

themark

Dear,

we have managed to use this mod:

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?20219-MOD-Multilingual-Products-%28in-fact-any-value-you-want%29

in order to have product description and product name in two language.

Actually we have a product name that is something like that:

"<italian>myproductnameita</italian><english>myproductnameeng</english>"

it's ok all over on the frontend and backend, for us, but we have this same name also in the invoice (pdf invoice). This is not ok. We need add in the product description of the invoice only the specific italian or english version of the name.

I have browsed in your forum, and some describe how to modify the products description "after" that the invoice is generated. But my need is different because i need this modification before the invoice is generated.

I have also googled for the hooks (http://docs.whmcs.com/Hooks:InvoiceCreation) but frankly i did't what hooks i need to use.

Any suggest?

Thank's

Hi

I've already talked about this in another thread. I developed a module that allows you to translate all products names and descriptions in all languages you want. You can even try a live demo here:

http://whmcs.revhosting.org/cart.php

Try to set the language to Arabic and you'll see name and description in Arabic. Similarly set English and you'll find english and Italian with italian. Now if you try to set a different language like Spanish or French you'll notice that the module always shows you italian. This happens because I created translations just for Arabic, English and Italian. For all other languages, since there's no available translation, the module always shows default language set on WHMCS (Italian in my case). It's useful because most of time you just want to translate only some languages and not all them. Of course the module can also keep translations in invoices and email notifications too.

Now even if the module seems completed I wanted to add translation support also for configurable options and their values but in this moment I have no time to work on it :( I hope that I can publish it in next few months.