Tld Duplicating from Domain Checker/ Search

Thian

Hi Guys,

I have a domain checker set up on a homepage html page, all works ok apart from tld duplicating when a search is done, as in this example

mellon1.jpg

Then I get the duplication as you will see here in the /domainchecker.php

mellon2.jpg

Could anyone advise?

The code for the domain home page checker is;

<input class="inputdomain bigwidth" type="text" onblur="if(this.value=='')this.value=' eg. yourdomain.co.uk'" onfocus="if(this.value==' eg. yourdomain.co.uk')this.value=''" value=" eg. yourdomain.co.uk" name="domain" />

which version of WHMCS are you using ?

there was an update in v5.3.7 that fixed this...

http://docs.whmcs.com/Changelog:WHMCS_V5.3

Case #4300 - Remove duplicate display of the TLD by the domain checker

the change was probably made to domainchecker.tpl - I assume the duplicate error occurs in you use domainchecker.php directly as well as from your home page?

Hiya Brian,

Thanks for the reply, I am on the latest version 5.3.11, However It has been a accumulation of regular updates, so not sure if a update would have replaced v5.3.7 problem.

Yes I have the same problem with domainchecker.php if I do a search directly in the input field e.g gdshshs.co.uk if I just have gdshshs and use a radio button to select the tld it works ok and does not duplicate.

It does look a bit off putting to potential customers

Edited by Thian

Hi Brian,

It is a free old template called Boxslots, I used it and basically rebuilt it if that helps, however the likes of the domainchecker.php etc I have not touched as it is security coded (I do not no the terminology of it) but it is a load of generated digits; pTMhqVQTLmB7yZ5qsZ2d8 etc

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Brian, it must be a problem with the template then, I have changed it to the classic and default template and that seams to work ok... If that is the case then weeks of styling the box slots template are thrown out of the window lol, unless you may no of a solution?

Thian

It is a free old template called Boxslots, I used it and basically rebuilt it if that helps, however the likes of the domainchecker.php etc I have not touched as it is security coded (I do not no the terminology of it) but it is a load of generated digits; pTMhqVQTLmB7yZ5qsZ2d8 etc

that's an old template... 2-3 years old at best... probably not the best starting point for customisation!

forget about looking at the .php files - with a few exceptions, they'll be encoded and cannot be modified... however, look in the templates folder, that's where the .tpl template files are that you can edit.

it must be a problem with the template then, I have changed it to the classic and default template and that seams to work ok... If that is the case then weeks of styling the box slots template are thrown out of the window lol, unless you may no of a solution?

all is not lost, but you may still have some work ahead of you! :)

ultimately, what you should do is compare all the code in your Boxslots template files with the latest release of Portal (which I assume Boxslots is based on) - that's going to be tedious if the Boxslots template is years old, but it should be done... you should be able to use WinMerge to compare the files and their differences, some will be styling (which you can probably ignore), but others might include functionality and security...

you'll have to do the same after every whmcs update that modifies the Portal template - most of the time, that is just one or two pages and the actual changes will be listed in the change log on the whmcs blog site, so it's trivial... but I suspect it might take you a while to update Boxslots to the current version of Portal.

for a quickie, as that's where your current issue lies, start with domainchecker.tpl - I can see in Boxslots...

{if $available}
<p align="center" class="textgreen" style="font-size:18px;">{$LANG.domainavailable1} <strong>{$domain}{$ext}</strong> {$LANG.domainavailable2}</p>

whereas in the latest Portal domainchecker.tpl...

{elseif $available}
<p align="center" class="textgreen" style="font-size:18px;">{$LANG.domainavailable1} <strong>{$sld}{$ext}</strong> {$LANG.domainavailable2}</p>

as you can see the two are the same, except {$domain} from Boxslots is replaced by {$sld} in the latest Portal template.

that {$sld} is ringing bells in my head as to what was changed in the v5.3.7 update - you could try modifying your domainchecker.tpl template and replace references to {$domain}($ext} with {$sld}{$ext} and see if that fixes it.

Are Brian!!! You legend! Thank you very much for this, thats great I just went ahead and duplicated the Portal Template and styled it up to look the same as boxslot and everything now seams to be working perfect, Thank you so much for your time replying.

I have just one more simple think I want to achieve, maybe you could quickly advise I want to encourage potential customers to buy hosting with a registered domain, Using the Ajax orderform, this "Click to Continue" drops the "Your Details" and then onto payment, Ideally I would want this when submitted to jump to "Hosting Packages" I have tried a onclick function but it fails and resorts to dropping down "Your Details" any ideas please. It is in configuredomains.tpl and the button is

<p align="center"><input type="submit" value="{$LANG.ordercontinuebutton}" /></p>

If that button went to the /cart.php?gid=1 that would be perfect

shopcart.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Are forget that Brian, I took;

<p align="center"><input type="submit" value="{$LANG.ordercontinuebutton}" /></p>

Out of the form and it works

Thanks again for your help