Changing WHMCS Directory Name

Media Corp.

Hi there,

We installed the trial version a few days ago and everything has been great. We have decided to stay with WHMCS (it's great!) but have one question.

Can we change the *name of the directory that WHMCS is install to?

When we installed the trial we put it in a new directory named 'billing'. Is it possible to change the name of the directory to 'clients'? Obviously it wouldn't be as simple as renaming the directory.

We have done some configuring so we would like to preserve that, however a directory named 'clients' or perhaps 'accounts' would be much more appropriate.

Thanks in advance,

Derek :)

It is easy to move the installation to another directory, but is not possible on the trial license. When you have the regular license you just copy the files, login to your client area here and reissue the key. Then you will need to login to your whmcs and make the neccessary path changes under the basic configuration.

Welcome to WHMCS :)

It is easy to move the installation to another directory, but is not possible on the trial license. When you have the regular license you just copy the files, login to your client area here and reissue the key. Then you will need to login to your whmcs and make the neccessary path changes under the basic configuration.

Hi George, thanks for the reply. That sounds easy enough. The path changes are only I few so I think we'll go that route, as you suggested.

Would you recommend the Owned License or a Leased License?

Thanks again,

Derek

Hi George, thanks for the reply. That sounds easy enough. The path changes are only I few so I think we'll go that route, as you suggested.

Would you recommend the Owned License or a Leased License?

Thanks again,

Derek

I went for the owned license, but many prefer the lease. The decision is yours to make though ;) If you go with owned it is best to pay for the support each year, so don't forget to factor that in.